• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
All,
Can we expect Koroibete to play in the England series (as an exemption to the Giteau Law)? Any information on this front?
Regards
That and Dylan Pietsch is a serious contender for the #11 jersey. The other winger is Tom Wright IMO

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
T

That and Dylan Pietsch is a serious contender for the #11 jersey. The other winger is Tom Wright IMO
Don't think Pietsch is a chance to be honest.. Koro , Kellaway, Wright, Petaia are all ahead of him, throw in Vanvuai as the special interest project and our wing stocks aren't poor... Plus 3 weeks back there were calls to drop him from the Tah's or at least upgrade from him.. Pearse is more likely to start on the wing for the Wallabies in my book.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Don't think Pietsch is a chance to be honest.. Koro , Kellaway, Wright, Petaia are all ahead of him, throw in Vanvuai as the special interest project and our wing stocks aren't poor... Plus 3 weeks back there were calls to drop him from the Tah's or at least upgrade from him.. Pearse is more likely to start on the wing for the Wallabies in my book.
Koroibete is in Japan, I dont know if he would be available for the series against Pommies, Wright is my #14, Petaia is made of glass, I didnt see nothing astonishing from Kellaway this year. So, he's a contender, even Toni Pulu got a call for training camp this year

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Koroibete is in Japan, I dont know if he would be available for the series against Pommies, Wright is my #14, Petaia is made of glass, I didnt see nothing astonishing from Kellaway this year. So, he's a contender, even Toni Pulu got a call for training camp this year
Rennie said he will only pick foreign based players if they ARE based in Japan - So Kerevi, Koroibete & Quade (not sure if Arnold is there yet)

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Don’t get sucked in by an ok player playing in a good team vortex that has gotten the likes of Beau Robinson, Rod Davies, Connal McInerney etc caps previously.
Not a compliment for Pietsch. It's more like: I can't see any Aussie winger taking the spot with 2 hands, anyone playing at Super Rugby has a chance. If someone scores 3 tries in the last round before the series can get a call

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
And my 1st team on current form would be
1 Bell
2 Poereki
3 Tupou
4 Phillip
5 Frost
6 Samu
7 Hooper
8 Valetini
9 White
10 JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)
11 Muirhead
12 Simone
13 Perese
14 Wright
15 Banks
16 Fainga'a
17 Sipper
18 AAAAA
19 Swain
20 Gamble
21 McDermott
22 Lolesio
23 Hodge

McRieght unlucky, but Hooper can play for 80 and its a pretty much like for like. Holloway in great form but too small to be a lock at international level IMO. Could get in as a lock back row utility though Gordon and McDermott a toss up. Doesn't take into consideration the imports

Edit. I'm not a selector. Post your own tems if you disagree with mine
Holloway some how on form now makes his way into the 23.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Vunivalu isnt get anywhere near a jersey.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
You can blame me for talk about NRL players but they always have been an obsession for RA's board...

20220514_225229.jpg

RA chairman Hamish McLennan told the Sun-Herald newspaper that CEO Andy Marinos and Wallabies coach Dave Rennie have already had discussions about targeting “a few good league players who grew up with rugby.”

“These players love the game and they know that a Rugby World Cup experience in Australia can’t be replicated by league.”

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
You can blame me for talk about NRL players but they always have been an obsession for Rugby Australia's board...

View attachment 13486

Rugby Australia chairman Hamish McLennan told the Sun-Herald newspaper that CEO Andy Marinos and Wallabies coach Dave Rennie have already had discussions about targeting “a few good league players who grew up with rugby.”

“These players love the game and they know that a Rugby World Cup experience in Australia can’t be replicated by league.”
I think we know who will win that.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Pietsch is nowhere near a Test cap. Is the standard really so low now you play 3 good Super games and all of a sudden your name is in the mix?
Yeah but that’s what us armchair expects do. We are so hot & cold, and up & down, and all of a sudden they’re in wallabies contention ;)

Reactions: TSR