• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
My go at Sunday's squad. This is chosen in light of Eddie's comments recently and also ability to call up players quickly in case of injury. I don't think the composition will be the same as the WC. This time he'll take 3 flyhalves, 3 scrumhalves. Also not sure about his rehab people. Bell & Tupou will probably be still rehab. Also, I think there'll be one or two players he's 70% sure he won't take to the RWC but wants a final look at.

Rehab
Tupou
Bell
Leota
Rodda/Philip
Feel like he can whack anyone in here as an exemption to the 33.

Props

James Slipper
Matt Gibbon
Allan Ala'alatoa
Sam Talakai
Pone Fa'amausili

Hookers

Dave Porecki
Lachlan Lonergan
Jordan Uelese

Second Rowers

Nick Frost
Will Skelton
Richie Arnold
Caderyn Neville

Backrowers

Rob Valetini
Jed Holloway
Michael Hooper
Fraser McReight
Harry Wilson
Langi Gleeson
Tom Hooper

Halfbacks

Nic White
Tate McDermott
Ryan Lonergan

Flyhalves

Quade Cooper
Bernard Foley
Carter Gordon

Centres

Samu Kerevi
Lalaki Foketi
Len Ikitau

Outside Backs

Reece Hodge
Jordon Petaia
Andrew Kellaway
Tom Wright
Marika Koroibete
Christy who normally has pretty good mail has an interesting predicted squad. Differs from mine above by keeping Gleeson and Petaia in rehab, dropping Talakai, McReight and Wilson so he includes Lambert, Kemeny, Samu, Vunivalu and Nawaqinatawase.

Lambert will drop out when the rehab boys come back. Interesting to see his comments on Kemeny.
Kemeny has impressed in recent days and is understood to have caught Jones’ eye, believing he could play openside flanker if need be.

After all, sevens across the world are getting bigger and the window at the breakdown is getting smaller.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If Kemeny is seen as able to play Openside it says something about style of play. I rate Kemeny highly but haven't seen him in the 7 even in School Boy days. It wouldn't surprise me then to see Gleeson as a genuine 7 option.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
As an aside, given the number of leg injuries we've had of late, the amount of training they've been doing on sand worries me a tad. It's known that uneven and loose surfaces, particularly sand, aren't great for ankles, knees, and lower backs...

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
If Kemeny is seen as able to play Openside it says something about style of play. I rate Kemeny highly but haven't seen him in the 7 even in School Boy days. It wouldn't surprise me then to see Gleeson as a genuine 7 option.
I think Kemeny might be a project pick. Send Fraser, a known quantity, away to focus on some set goals that if he hits he's confident of an inclusion. Whereas Kemeny is an uncut gem.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Happy to say have been a Kemeny fan for a few years now and mentioned on the Rebels thread he’s a wallaby in waiting. However I’m not sure if he’s there yet.

I think Eddie could be lured in because athletically he’s the ideal no.6. He’s big, fast, explosive and has a good motor. South African type flanker with a bit of PSDT in him. He just needs more games to build experience.

More of a 2025 Lions series prospect than this year.

Kemeny, McReight, Valetini offers a lot of balance but from 2024 onwards

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)

I’m pretty sure he played 7 for wests one game back in 2021 during that weird Covid Melbourne lockdowns season… it was 15 minutes in and he did his knee

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Izack Rodda reportedly out of contention for the RWC after reinjuring his foot.

That's a shame, but it sounds like his injury never properly healed and so it's probably better drawing a line through his name now rather than have him fall out later in the year. Also, I think I'd find it hard to pick him anyway if Arnold, Skelton, Frost, Neville and Holloway are all available. Just haven't seen enough rugby from him in the last couple seasons.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
What is JOC (James O'Connor) doing in Sydney? Holidays?
HPEc3le.jpg