• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

footy1>31

Charlie Fox (21)
If Kemeny is seen as able to play Openside it says something about style of play. I rate Kemeny highly but haven't seen him in the 7 even in School Boy days. It wouldn't surprise me then to see Gleeson as a genuine 7 option.
He definitely can. If your filling out a squad over 100 days could easily see why he starts jumping names, versatile to cover all backrow spots and could see him starting in second row against Portugal in pool game.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He definitely can. If your filling out a squad over 100 days could easily see why he starts jumping names, versatile to cover all backrow spots and could see him starting in second row against Portugal in pool game.
100% I don't doubt he can do it. Just haven't seem him there compared to others.

What is the situation with Liam Wright? Another bigger body that can wear the 7.

I still think McReight deserves it.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
What’s everyone think of Carter Gordon lining up at inside centre either next to Bernard or Quade?

I only suggest it cause at wallabies training today he was wearing 12 and it made me think his skillset would be an interesting option there.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I wouldn't see an issue with it in the broad scheme of things but with 4 games until the RWC starts it begs the question as to what you'd do with Kerevi and/or Ikitau. I'm not seeing either of those blokes being left out, or even moved. Next year maybe, barring an injury of course.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
What’s everyone think of Carter Gordon lining up at inside centre either next to Bernard or Quade?

I only suggest it cause at wallabies training today he was wearing 12 and it made me think his skillset would be an interesting option there.

I think from a bench it'd be fine for a short period of time, particularly if it was on attack and the other fly half dropped into the backfield for defence.

I think planning around him playing there turns a number of his strengths at 10 (defence, running, pace) to "meeting minimum expectations" at 12 with the benefit of a strong passing/kicking game.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I think from a bench it'd be fine for a short period of time, particularly if it was on attack and the other fly half dropped into the backfield for defence.

I think planning around him playing there turns a number of his strengths at 10 (defence, running, pace) to "meeting minimum expectations" at 12 with the benefit of a strong passing/kicking game.
I think we saw this before with Foley at 10 and Quade at 12. IIRC almost led to the end of Quade in the Wallabies. Would not be smart and could damage a promising career for Gordon.

Reactions: dru

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
100% I don't doubt he can do it. Just haven't seem him there compared to others.

What is the situation with Liam Wright? Another bigger body that can wear the 7.

I still think McReight deserves it.
Liam Wright did his shoulder scoring a try against the Chiefs.

It is a real shame he got injured, he was outstanding this season at 6 and had pretty good stats through the whole season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think we saw this before with Foley at 10 and Quade at 12. IIRC almost led to the end of Quade in the Wallabies. Would not be smart and could damage a promising career for Gordon.

It was Foley playing 12.

We won 3 out of 5 tests with that lineup in 2016. That said, I don't think it was a structure worth persisting with at the time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I think you’re just confusing him wearing his Wests jersey which happened to have 12 on it than any meaningful position role at training.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck I love these days, final moments before the Wallabies play a test. Anything is possible, C. Gordon at 12 outside Cooper. Bledisloe is in the bag. Kemeny and Tom Hooper to save the Wallabies. Eddie's new coach. We're firm favourites for the RWC.

We even have the Rebels thread going off because @MelbourneRebels fucked it and wrote the wrong stat, so people think we've signed Kerevi not Proctor. Maybe even Richie Mo'unga.

It's great days, Schrodinger's Wallaby. Till we get absolutely pasted at altitude and Eddie's castle comes crashing down.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Eddie's castle
1687495478305.png