• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does he, or is he sick of every Journalist in this country being nothing but negative ever since the naming and not bothering to highlight any of the players actually picked in the squad

A guy like Issak Fines- Leleiwasa should be promoted positively for achieving what he has, but they are all too busy whinging about Jed Holloway not making the team
TT, the press has only 2 arrows in its quiver, 1. You are the absolute best and we can't believe you are that good. 2. You are a failure due to not listening to us (or someone else) and you should never be considered again. The psycho fan they were prepared to be on Eddies appointment has quickly morphed into attack dogs.

They get eyeballs/clicks on build up and eyeballs/clicks on the teardown. They have become a useless bunch of no hopers and they ain't even alcoholics anymore as an excuse.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
On cue, I've just been texted by the same mate asking wtf is the Eddie press conference about. He literally didn't even know who Dave Rennie was.
And yet people here think you mate will know or care who Holloway or Donaldson or Faesslar are?

An assistant coach resigning as the team board for the RWC is news. To think you won’t or shouldn’t get questions on it is ridiculous.

Finding out that one of the biggest names on the team won’t answer the coach’s calls is news.

To say that these things should just be ignored so you can ask about Jed Holloway is dumb. And let’s not pretend that EJ (Eddie Jones) would actually give any substantive answers beyond ‘they earned it’ etc

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
That’s my opinion with it right now. If the Wallabies can make the news on a channel that isn’t televising them then it’s not a bad thing.

Bet there will be people keep half an eye on the WC now just to be up to date with the drama.
Ghost, Or to see them cover themselves in glory or blow up. Both possibilities bring in viewers. Personally, I think this is the most watchable RWC ever in my memory, so many close poss winners and a completely radical Aussie team. What's not to like?

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
In ice hockey it's a bit of a trope that the coach will make a big stink about whatever (the refs, the other team, the media, literally anything) to take attention away from his players.

Nobody is talking about Nic White, Jordan Petiaia, Richie Arnold, T Hooper. Even the players on the team getting heat are unlikely to play much. And then the media is talking about Quade, M Hooper, Bernard Foley.

So it might be a bit deliberate on Eddie's part to distract from people talking about Carter Gordon too much or Tate.

Eddie's quite the conundrum and a complex person. There's no way around that.

Linerunner2023

Jimmy Flynn (14)
And yet people here think you mate will know or care who Holloway or Donaldson or Faesslar are?

An assistant coach resigning as the team board for the RWC is news. To think you won’t or shouldn’t get questions on it is ridiculous.

Finding out that one of the biggest names on the team won’t answer the coach’s calls is news.

To say that these things should just be ignored so you can ask about Jed Holloway is dumb. And let’s not pretend that EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) would actually give any substantive answers beyond ‘they earned it’ etc
Exactly well said
It is news Eddie just doesn’t want to talk about it or doesn’t have an answer
Actually he does have an answer just drop half the side each week
I think tomthumb is Eddie as that has been his response for every player - “they earnt it”
With no substance
0 from 4 can’t hide from that either

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1692333440224.png

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
True, although at least he has been involved with both rugby coaching and working with Eddie before
I guess there is that, Eddie bringing in someone familiar who can get up to speed quickly - hopefully it's just a temporary thing and we can get some rugby coaches through the pipeline after RWC

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What role did he play in the England set up? I can’t remember his attacking prowess as a leaguie. What are his attack coach credentials.

He's been as assistant coach in various roles for about a decade.

I'm assuming his role is more about facilitating Jones' plan and "installing it" rather than being hired to come up with the plan himself.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
On the playing group, it is good to see a fair representation from the 2019 U20s in the squad or close by.

We have Bell, Frost, McReight, Nawaqanitawase and Donaldson in the RWC squad with Lachie Lonergan, Rhys van Nek and Joey Walton in or reserve for the A team and others like Lolesio, Wilson and Hosea all putting in good Super rugby stints. I wonder how that shapes up against the French 2019 U20s representation, which I understood was expected to be a fair whack of their squad.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
And what's his ability three weeks out from the Rugby World Cup?

Availability.
Yep.

Kind of fell in their lap. Roosters wanted him out of there when he was going for Head coach roles for next year whilst still contracted. At the Storm from next year as an assistant (likely to take over from Bellamy) after turning the Dragons down.

At least Eddie can talk league with someone. Was nervous he’d get Marika to quit.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
On the playing group, it is good to see a fair representation from the 2019 U20s in the squad or close by.

We have Bell, Frost, McReight, Nawaqanitawase and Donaldson in the RWC squad with Lachie Lonergan, Rhys van Nek and Joey Walton in or reserve for the A team and others like Lolesio, Wilson and Hosea all putting in good Super rugby stints. I wonder how that shapes up against the French 2019 U20s representation, which I understood was expected to be a fair whack of their squad.

My thoughts exactly. They were a special group and this current group are almost as good. If we keep developing them I think a pretty bright Wallaby future could happen.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
You love to see it
A friend of Paul Kent’s has been ruled out of the upcoming Rugby World Cup after giving himself an uppercut at the suggestion of Wallabies coach Eddie Jones.

Part of working for Fox Sports News is to be largely negative and provide a disparaging commentary around sports that they do not have a licence to broadcast. As they show many games of rugby league and cricket, that only leaves the nation’s sporting whipping boy left for them to heap shit on.

Rather than point the crosshairs at the puce-faced sexagenarians and common rock pigeons that run the sport in this country, Fox Sports News likes to go after the players and coach staff for the code’s obvious problems.

That left coach Eddie Jones to put the boot into them at a press conference in Sydney yesterday, where the powers at rugby forced him and the dress up like little private school fluffybunnys in their fluffybunnyy blazers and little fluffybunnyy hats for the cameras.

Eddie told some in the media pack to uppercut themselves and the bloke from Fox Sports actually did.

He’s now been ruled out of the world cup.