• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Thanks a lot, great effort but I ain't sure White will lead the 9 battles.
It was fun strategising, especially as I'm not the coach. White will be leading them from the bench mostly. Only starts against Georgia because of the style they play and to ensure McDermott isn't overcooked.

Yoda

Charlie Fox (21)
He provides a hell of a lot if you listen to those who have played, trained and even coached with him. I'll take their words over some random punters on a rugby forum.

This is all heresy at the moment regarding his non involvement with Aus A. From what we know he may have been told he wasn't needed for Aus A. Only he and Eddie know. All we know is a line that Eddie dropped at a press conference saying he hadn't answered his call after finding out in the media he had not been selected for the RWC. Sounds pretty immature from that one line for sure however who knows what happened before that or since that. It's also pretty likely his employer in Japan didn't want him playing for Aus A after losing him for the majority of '23 to an injury suffered playing intls last year. My point is who actually knows.

For this world cup give me him over Donaldson any day of the week. I honestly can't understand anyone who thinks Donaldson is the right selection for a World Cup in a matter of weeks over QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper). Donaldson currently provides nothing over QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) which leads me to think it's a personal/personality issue between Eddie and him. Something must be going on in the background and we don't know who is at "fault".

We will probably find out in a podcast or a book in coming years what the story actually is.

And I am not a long term QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper) fan at all. Quite the opposite actually. Only after the past couple of years have I seen any value of him for the Wallabies.
Quade has always been about Quade if his past history is anything to go on. Deans, Cheika and now Jones. If he is so indespensible why didn’t Eddie pick him? He had a brief comeback with Rennie where he looked very mature in his play but post archilles injury not so. I guess Jones didn’t think he would last tournament? I guess his training showed that ? Anyway, go the Wallabies!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
IMG_2269.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This is the content I live for.

I reckon Eddie absolutely intended for Quade to be the backup 10 at the tournament but Quade has done something to ruffle his jimmies. So now we have no backup.

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, given no Foley either I think he just (naively) is trying to give extra backing/support to Gordon.

I kind of get it but I don't like it.

He's saying to Gordon he trusts/believes in him, you can fuck up and you're not being replaced.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nah, given no Foley either I think he just (naively) is trying to give extra backing/support to Gordon.

He's saying to Gordon he trusts/believes in him, you can fuck up and you're not being replaced.
You aren't petulant enough to understand.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)

I reckon Eddie absolutely intended for Quade to be the backup 10 at the tournament but Quade has done something to ruffle his jimmies. So now we have no backup.

I actually think the final straw on Quade being left out of the RWC squad because of the reporter after the Melbourne bledisloe game.

Some reporter asked Eddie about “was it a mistake starting Carter when you had Quade on the bench”

Eddie took exception to the question and called the reporter dumb…

Yoda

Charlie Fox (21)

“ This is the content I live for”. What an amazing life you must lead.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Quade has always been about Quade if his past history is anything to go on. Deans, Cheika and now Jones. If he is so indespensible why didn’t Eddie pick him? He had a brief comeback with Rennie where he looked very mature in his play but post archilles injury not so. I guess Jones didn’t think he would last tournament? I guess his training showed that ? Anyway, go the Wallabies!
I would argue the opposite, Eddie has always been about Eddie, his destination is all that matters - and ultimately the route used to get there is irrelevant to him, he doesn't give a stuff about who he tramples on along the way, burning through players, assistants & quality people, he sent Ewen McKenzie into hospital due to the intense workload he was subject to as Wallabies assistant. When Dylan Hartley found out his international career was over Eddie had rang him up just to give him a good spray & tell him "You're f****d mate!!"

On the contrary, Quade has always been a selfless team player, who dedicates his time towards improving those around him - it's no wonder Ewen McKenzie believed that Quade was destined to become an outstanding coach after his playing career concluded...

Last edited: