• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Similar story as Tupou, rushed back before completely fit and he gets injured also.

Wallabies management need to sort their shit out
That rumour needs to be put to bed.
He was medically cleared well before he returned And then developed a new injury.
He was in no rush to come back from either injury.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That rumour needs to be put to bed.
He was medically cleared well before he returned And then developed a new injury.
He was in no rush to come back from either injury.
Which rumour? I didn’t say Tupou re-injured the same injury..i said Bell did, which he did.

Tupou clearly wasn’t fit or conditioned properly after a 8 weeks of no lower body training, anyone could see that. It’s no surprise he then picked up another lower limb injury.

Bell injuring the same injury is just appalling management.

Last edited:

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Which rumour? I didn’t say Tupou re-injured the same injury..i said Bell did, which he did.

Tupou clearly wasn’t fit or conditioned properly after a 8 weeks of no lower body training, anyone could see that. It’s no surprise he then picked up another lower limb injury.

Bell injuring the same injury is just appalling management.
Gonna have to admit, that's some pretty decent grammar from someone who was clearly drunk when they wrote it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hows Sione Tui going there, is he getting a game?
been loaned to US Carcassonne who play in the 2nd league, Pro D2 which I don't really follow. But seems like he started quite a lot at 11/14, was named player of the month so you assume went well. I think he's returned to Stade this year and come off the bench once? So nothing too much to report (yet).

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Use to get it on Foxtel/Kayo through ESPN & Bein but I don't think it is anymore. I watched the Champions Cup on Kayo last year which featured a lot of the Top 14 Clubs towards the end but it's no guarantee.

Can use a VPN and change your location if you want it that bad.
For Aus:

URC - In-house service only (URC TV)
Premiership: Stan
Top 14: Not available anywhere (Not just for Aus, Top 14 rights are barely available outside France/UK for some reason)
Champions Cup: BeIN on Foxtel (only a couple games). Every game on BeIN Connect (online service)
Challenge Cup: Nothing on BeIN Foxtel. Some on BeIN Connect

Would love Stan to take the Euro Cups off BeIN and try get the URC too.

Last edited:

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
For Aus:

URC - In-house service only (URC TV)
Premiership: Stan
Top 14: Not available anyway (Not just for Aus, Top 14 rights are barely available outside France/UK for some reason)
Champions Cup: BeIN on Foxtel (only a couple games). Every game on BeIN Connect (online service)
Challenge Cup: Nothing on BeIN Foxtel. Some on BeIN Connect

Would love Stan to take the Euro Cups off BeIN and try get the URC too.
And where do I find the 2020 AFL GF, if I'm in regional Victoria?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bernard Foley to take 1 OS spot apparently. No Quade, Kerevi, Koroibete, Rory Arnold etc.

Assume Skelton then, do we even use the other one?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bernard Foley to take 1 OS spot apparently. No Quade, Kerevi, Koroibete, Rory Arnold etc.

Assume Skelton then, do we even use the other one?
I'd argue for Paenga-Amosa at this stage, none of our hookers have been particularly consistent and there's a significant gap between Porecki/Fainga'a and the rest. That's assuming Sio/Banks are not considered OS players for the rest of this year, either of them could fill the spot otherwise.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Derpus: How long before the Robbie Deans factor or Faction would start? The Rennie one has started (me partly included) and he's been given a better run than most in the last 15 years. Rennie will take us to the RWC and I agree with that, due to there being too many injuries to judge him correctly.
The Rugby landscape is completely different compared to when Deans was Wallabies coach, Australian Super Rugby teams were strong (had the upper hand over SA sides), the U-20 sides were achieving regular 2nd/3rd placings between 2008-2012, also Scotland, Ireland, England, France, even South Africa, were certainly not as strong (or as well coached) as they are today. The only tier-1 teams Rennie should be expected to beat with his cattle are Argentina, Scotland, Wales, and Japan.

Last edited:

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Since Kerevi is not available why not Curtis Rona? 102 kg centre option, he's worth a shot. I'd also be looking at Sefa Naivalu if I was Rennie.
Rona has gone AWOL from London Irish and is apparently looking to sign with an NRL side, I don't see why we'd bother with him.

Given Foketi is still available I'm not sure we really need to pull in other options at centre anyway, we've got at least 2-3 candidates for each centre spot in the squad already.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rona has gone AWOL from London Irish and is apparently looking to sign with an NRL side, I don't see why we'd bother with him.

Given Foketi is still available I'm not sure we really need to pull in other options at centre anyway, we've got at least 2-3 candidates for each centre spot in the squad already.
Not surprised he went awol (to a degree) He asked to be released to join the Force and they said no, forcing him to stay. So now, he will go awol, force them to fire him, but has a GC league contract waiting so who cares.