• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Just looked at the world rankings and we are still at 9. I read somewhere that if we beat Scotland we would swap places.
The table has not updated. They have a news story up on the same site that says there was a swap

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure where to post this, I recall reading five or six weeks ago that RA were close to a PE deal.
Could it be that the deal has been done and they are waiting for the Wallabies to finish the NH tour before making an announcement.
Has anyone heard any whispers?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nah PE deal will be a long while off yet, it’ll be a well publicised ordeal which will need bi-partisan support of the state unions as well

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Presumably RUPA will have a big say
Yeah they’ll definitely have a strong say, I’m not sure the RA constitution gives RUPA as much weight outside of EBA negotiations though. Could be wrong

in either case it’ll get played out in the media quite publicly

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How many locks do we take with us? We took 5 last time.

It's getting awfully crowded. Our home grown talent all have a claim: Rodda, Philip, Neville, Frost, Swain. Then looks like we're picking Skelton from overseas, could also get Salakai-Loto or Rory Arnold. We took five last time.

If I had to guess: Skelton, Swain, Frost, Philip and Rodda/Neville depending on performance next year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
By my count only 12/31 will survive from 2019 RWC.

Forwards: Allan Ala'alatoa, Rory Arnold, Adam Coleman, Jack Dempsey, Folau Fainga’a, Michael Hooper (captain), Sekope Kepu, Tolu Latu, Isi Naisarani, David Pocock, Izack Rodda, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Rob Simmons, Scott Sio, James Slipper, Taniela Tupou, Jordan Uelese.

Backs: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Dane Haylett-Petty, Reece Hodge, Samu Kerevi, Marika Koroibete, Tevita Kuridrani, Christian Lealiifano, James O’Connor, Jordan Petaia, Matt To'omua, Nic White.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
How many locks do we take with us? We took 5 last time.

It's getting awfully crowded. Our home grown talent all have a claim: Rodda, Philip, Neville, Frost, Swain. Then looks like we're picking Skelton from overseas, could also get Salakai-Loto or Rory Arnold. We took five last time.

If I had to guess: Skelton, Swain, Frost, Philip and Rodda/Neville depending on performance next year.

Add in the hybrid lock/6 role. I would put LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in that category, along with Holloway and Hanigan.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but with the form that LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is in at Northampton I think we should really be considering him as an international pick for the world cup. He's easily been in the top 3 players in the prem so far this season. Ideally the cap on international players will be relaxed for the RWC but the thought of having him, Tupou, Skelton, Valetini and Kerevi all in the 23 is so mouth-watering. Furthermore a starting second row of him at 4 and Frost at 5 seems really balanced.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already, but with the form that LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is in at Northampton I think we should really be considering him as an international pick for the world cup. He's easily been in the top 3 players in the prem so far this season. Ideally the cap on international players will be relaxed for the RWC but the thought of having him, Tupou, Skelton, Valetini and Kerevi all in the 23 is so mouth-watering. Furthermore a starting second row of him at 4 and Frost at 5 seems really balanced.
He's playing as well as Coleman and Simmons, may as well pick them too.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
He's playing as well as Coleman and Simmons, may as well pick them too.
This is the Aussie lock syndrome, when they play in European clubs, suddenly John Eales takes their souls and they play as hell

The syndrome is over when they wear a Wallaby jersey again

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Are the Kiwis more competitives against the Kangaroos than Wallabies against ABs? Both are the underdogs in their worlds but they look more competitive.

Maybe all the Aussie Super Rugby players should play in NPC and put 3 or 4 Aussie teams there