• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
At this point i think if we signed the greatest coach in the world we would still be average. I no longer believe the coach is the issue. Deans, Mckenzie, Cheik and Rennie are likely all elite, world-class head coaches who have all been silly enough to sign on to the poisoned chalice that is Australian Rugby. Im not sure what the fix is, but its probably a shit tonne of $ that we have no way of getting.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
1668686992705.png

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Two takeaways from that graph…

Obviously the top two teams down the bottom, followed by two of the most improved…

But it’s the SH dominating the card count.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought it would be interesting to see what players are unavailable due to injury or not eligible due to playing overseas, so I did it.

I honestly think this team would smash the team we rolled out against Italy last week. We simply do not have the depth to be having 25-30 of our best players not available for selection. This highlights to me that we need to a) fix up our strength and conditioning and amount of injuries and b) open up the selection policy to everybody

I did have trouble finding a good 13 and back up half back. Plenty of good locks and 6's though

1. Angus Bell
2. Brendan Paenga-Amosa
3. Pone Fa'amausili
4. Lukhan Salakai-Loto
5. Matt Philip
6. Rob Leota
7. Shaun McMahon
8. Isi Naisrani

9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
10. Quade Cooper
11. Marika Koribete
12. Samu Kerevi
13. Curtis Rona
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Tom Banks

16. Tolu Latu
17. Scott Sio
18. Ollie Hoskins
19. Izack Rodda / Rory Arnold / Trevor Hosea / Adam Coleman / Rob Simmons
20. Lachlan Swinton / Luke Jones
21. Joe Powell / Nick Phipps
22. Luke Morahan / Taquele
23. Kurtley Beale

I do this all the time for fun - actually did it this morning already!
I then do it for the Boks and ABs just to see who 'has it worse' atm due to availability - and yes it is us

1. Bell 2. Amosa 3. Pone
4. Rodda 5. Arnold
6. Swinton 8. Leota 7. Mcmahon
9. Kerr Barlow (good shout!) 10. Quade 11. Koroibete 12. Kerevi 13. Rona 14. Morohan 15. Banks
16. Latu 17. Sio 18. Hoskins 19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 20. Naisarani 21. Genia 22. Beale 23. Perese/Naiyaravoro

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I then do it for the Boks and ABs just to see who 'has it worse' atm due to availability - and yes it is us

1. Bell 2. Amosa 3. Pone
4. Rodda 5. Arnold
9. Kerr Barlow (good shout!) 10. Quade 11. Koroibete 12. Kerevi 13. Rona 14. Morohan 15. Banks
16. Latu 17. Sio 18. Hoskins 19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 20. Naisarani 21. Genia 22. Beale 23. Perese/Naiyaravoro
New Zealand are up there too. They've had an absolute horror run of injuries too.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)

1. Bell 2. Amosa 3. Pone
4. Rodda 5. Arnold
16. Latu 17. Sio 18. Hoskins 19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 20. Naisarani 21. Genia 22. Beale 23. Perese/Naiyaravoro
HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)?

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
It would be madness to not select one of those players, assuming Quade is healthy.

Hooker is the position where they are noticeably weaker than other top sides with Porecki/Fainga. If Latu can cut out the nonsense then they are in good shape. Also if Tawera Kerr Barlow is someone up for consideration, he's a massive upgrade on Gordon/Tate. All other international sides except NZ are doing this, so it is handicapping yourself to not consider all players that are eligible.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It would be madness to not select one of those players, assuming Quade is healthy.

Hooker is the position where they are noticeably weaker than other top sides with Porecki/Fainga. If Latu can cut out the nonsense then they are in good shape. Also if Tawera Kerr Barlow is someone up for consideration, he's a massive upgrade on Gordon/Tate. All other international sides except NZ are doing this, so it is handicapping yourself to not consider all players that are eligible.
England dont either.