• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I didn't mean for this year.
Yeah you think he's probably got carte blanche for this year, almost a throwaway year. Start building for 2025.

Makes me think that EJ (Eddie Jones) said he'd only take the gig if he came in now, not after RWC23.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
We are a dead team walking regardless, so no issue getting rid of the least successful coach in Australian history, his own assistants were even running as far as they could from him

Signing Eddie on the other hand? yuck

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
A five year deal through 2027 WC is a worry. As has already been discussed, Eddie's 'shock and awe' style will often see immediate improvement followed by a decline, which I think is supported by his career stats. I hope we aren't in a similar position to now in 2027.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
#7 will be interesting, not sure Eddie is a fan of small 7s. I think Hooper will stay but going forward McReight might find himself on the outer.
Huh? He played Phil and George together as the ultimate precursor to the Pooper. He had the luxury of big 7s in the mother country but those blokes would have been selected regardless of size

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
If it makes anyone feel better the book makers have reacted positively to the news showing $10 down from $15 for Aus to win the cup