• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
The money does not come from Rugby Australia - it comes from rich supporters.

I support club rugby (financially), like a lot of other followers of our great game, and I am happy to keep doing my little bit. Slap in the face? Really? We should feel aggrieved if this once in a generation talent switches to play our game?

Not me, I am delighted. He will bring more interest into our game, and more success on the field. What on earth is wrong with that?
Agree 100%

Doritos Day

Tom Lawton (22)
So rumours firming today that Rugby Australia has signed a 19 year old NRL player on $1.6m!!

Slap in the face if all the pathway guys who get fractions of that money.

that could have been used to foster and retain talent.
Maybe the pathway guys should try being better players?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So rumours firming today that Rugby Australia has signed a 19 year old NRL player on $1.6m!!

This issue is well discussed elsewhere, has nothing to do with my post, and is... well an incomplete view of the situation. Try the rugby Australia thread from post 12647.

https://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/c...y-rugby-australia.12818/page-633#post-1310706

Can we keep the Wallaby thread to the Wallabies?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Can't wait to hear the old "how would the young blokes coming up in rugby feel" argument from them all.

It was inevitable…

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
It was inevitable…
Yes… is he worth it? If most of the money comes from some super rich rugby tragic though, as has also been reported, if and when the deal is done, should not Rugby Australia point that out? Like, it’s not costing us much.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yes… is he worth it? If most of the money comes from some super rich rugby tragic though, as has also been reported, if and when the deal is done, should not Rugby Australia point that out? Like, it’s not costing us much.
One thing I would be sure of: whatever he costs he will bring revenue in that dwarfs that amount.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
LFG! Eddie already making moves, biggest recruit in Aussie Rugby in how long??

I thought Eddie said it had nothing to do with him. Eddie is concentrated on the great rugby swindle. Sua'ali'i, as I understand things, doesn't turn up until the run in to the 27 RWC.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
One thing I would be sure of: whatever he costs he will bring revenue in that dwarfs that amount.
You reckon? Obviously that is what they are praying for… just not so sure. We need more than one player. The game needs to cut all its many stoppages to be more entertaining. It’s so hard to watch now… having said that the 6 Nations was exciting ….

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You reckon? Obviously that is what they are praying for… just not so sure. We need more than one player. The game needs to cut all its many stoppages to be more entertaining. It’s so hard to watch now… having said that the 6 Nations was exciting ….
He will bring star power to the game, especially at the national level. We have a potentially very good side, full back is a comparatively weak spot (with all due respects to the current full backs).

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
He will bring star power to the game, especially at the national level. We have a potentially very good side, full back is a comparatively weak spot (with all due respects to the current full backs).
I would think that in 2 years time young Jorgensen might disagree with you, at the Waratahs.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
He wouldn't be disagreeing with me, because I was talking about the situation now.
I may have misunderstood. I was saying that when Sua'ali'i comes in 2024 .. end of … Jorgensen will be a lot better too and no doubt have the 15 jersey at the Waratahs.