• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Eddie all but confirmed he consulted with Ewen McKenzie on his squad selection (latest podcast)
Not quite, he was intentionally vague about who he was consulting with and flat out refused to name names.

I agree the successful coach no longer in the game sounded like Link, but it could just as easily have been Tim Lane, for example.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I took a few positives from last night game from wallaby perspective

- really liked how both Tate and Noah put their hands up and said what about me Eddie,

Harry Wilson might feel like needs get back to basic and setup the sprinkler in back yard and have his roomie pass him some bullets… the 2 knock ons start of game had the commentators pointing it out.

Can’t really give a hottake on Corey Toole because of boneheaded Blyth. Did I miss any other wallaby snubbers?

looking forward to seeing the games we get tonight from Alex Mafi & Trevor Horsea who I feel like both must feel a little hard done by not making Eddie squad.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
From what I'm seeing in Super Rugby anyone who can tackle should get a Wallaby jersey. The D and breakdown work is a nightmare for Eddie to work around. Just watched the Rebels v Blues game and all the weaknesses that the Wallabies need to overcome were on show in that second half. It's hardly a sight to encourage Eddie that his call for all Super Rugby teams to step up against the Kiwi's has been taken on board.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
From what I'm seeing in Super Rugby anyone who can tackle should get a Wallaby jersey. The D and breakdown work is a nightmare for Eddie to work around. Just watched the Rebels v Blues game and all the weaknesses that the Wallabies need to overcome were on show in that second half. It's hardly a sight to encourage Eddie that his call for all Super Rugby teams to step up against the Kiwi's has been taken on board.
They did step it up. Were the better side in the first 40. Very unlucky I thought Reiko had to be carded, a two handed slap to knock the ball down when he is defending his goal line easily deserved a yellow.

I doubt that even the crusaders or chiefs would have beaten the blues if they lost the amount of players we did.

I hate losing more than anything but the amount of negativity is absurd

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
What I have noticed is that the Brumbies are the only Aus team with Set Piece (Dan Palmer) & Kicking (Damian Hill), Force have Skills coach

Marce

John Thornett (49)
why not 15? wright is just too risky a proposition. jp is just so bloody assured atm.
There's no a safe bet at 15. Tom Wright is the current best 15 in Australian Super Rugby but his behavior can be harmful in a World Cup. Tom Banks is playing in Japan, I have not idea how he's performing. Petaia is an injury magnet and he isn't playing at 15 even in Super Rugby. Campbell doesn't shine at Super Rugby level. Even Jorgensen has a chance if he plays 3 test in a row in high level

Last edited:

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Wright/Petaia will be 14/15 in whatever order. There's no one else really putting a claim.

Kellaway/Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) back ups.
Kellaway, another one who doesn't play at 15 all the Super Rugby season