• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Marce

John Thornett (49)
W, I'd take Kellaway every day.
I'd prefer someone who plays at 15 all the season. Tom "The sheriff" Wright
67266286-cowboy-cartoon-icon-man-sheriff-pop-art-and-comic-theme-isolated-design-vector-illustration.webp

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I can't remember how those blokes looked but Jorgensen hasn't looked great under bombs so far...

He has played a handful of games. Maybe he will get a gig, but he will have to perform really well in the lead-up to the RWC to make the squad.

Rugbyman2023

Peter Burge (5)
Does anyone know if there is any aus A games this year? Last season they were so valuable for the next players up, similar to reserve games or NRC for super rugby players! Last year they played in the Pac nations cup and guys like Gleeson and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) came from no where to debut for wallabies later in the year

I wonder if they will play in the Pac nations cup again while rugby championships is on, kiwis might also join with their Māori side or NZ 15 sides! Can only see benefits including keeping the next up players in to scratch with what’s going on. And also trials for the RWC side with squad players in the wallabies not playing bledisilode cup matches etc playing in the Aus A game as well to get game time and trial for RWC spots

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Does anyone know if there is any aus A games this year? Last season they were so valuable for the next players up, similar to reserve games or NRC for super rugby players! Last year they played in the Pac nations cup and guys like Gleeson and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) came from no where to debut for wallabies later in the year

I wonder if they will play in the Pac nations cup again while rugby championships is on, kiwis might also join with their Māori side or NZ 15 sides! Can only see benefits including keeping the next up players in to scratch with what’s going on. And also trials for the RWC side with squad players in the wallabies not playing bledisilode cup matches etc playing in the Aus A game as well to get game time and trial for RWC spots
Hopefully. We need to gauge how players perform when they step up a level. The only downside I saw last season was players in the wider test squad that didn’t play couldn’t show what they were capable of, while the A team players got to play. I don’t know how we could rectify that, but I do like the concept and hope it goes ahead again. I could be wrong, but I have a memory of it being a kind of last minute thing last year

Rugbyman2023

Peter Burge (5)
Hopefully. We need to gauge how players perform when they step up a level. The only downside I saw last season was players in the wider test squad that didn’t play couldn’t show what they were capable of, while the A team players got to play. I don’t know how we could rectify that, but I do like the concept and hope it goes ahead again. I could be wrong, but I have a memory of it being a kind of last minute thing last year
Yes hopefully similar to super rugby back to club land or nrl back to nsw cup wallabies can do something similar with aus a so players not in match day 23 can play with aus a team also to get game time, and also trialling to mail a spot in the RWC team.
If they train squads close Eg in Sydney for the week, then later in the week wider wallabies squad players not selected train and run in team runs with aus a side before heading to say Fiji for game on sat! Would be handy even if some aus a games were played at same ground before wallabies test match! They could at least do this against Nz 15 before bledislode cup games

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Anyone else surprised tickets for TRC haven't gone on sale yet?

Argies at Parra is a tough sell and you want max time to (hopefully) fill the MCG which will only happen with a decent travelling contingent

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Does anyone know if there is any aus A games this year? Last season they were so valuable for the next players up, similar to reserve games or NRC for super rugby players! Last year they played in the Pac nations cup and guys like Gleeson and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) came from no where to debut for wallabies later in the year

Seems like it. Angus Bell quote:

It all depends what Eddie [Jones] sees as the best opportunity for me to prove that I should be on that plane. Whether that’s club rugby for Sydney Uni or the warm-up game against France, or playing in Tonga for Australia A, I’m not sure what he thinks or what the medical staff are thinking.”

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For those potentially wondering what a sesamoidectomy is, I googled it because I had no idea. https://www.drsimonzilko.com.au/pdf/post-op-sesamoidectomy-july-2020.pdf

Some good quotes in that article.

Together with fellow-injured front-row star Tupou, the duo have been training under the watchful eye of Rugby Australia’s medical staff at their Moore Park headquarters and says they have been “ruined” by a series of activities involving medical balls, core, and watt and assault bikes.

“Me and ‘Nela’ struggle a bit,” he quipped.

“I’ve got really close with Nela over the past nine months,” Bell said.

“He’s one of my best mates.

“Nela and I are quite different in every aspect of life and that’s why we get along so well, opposites attract.

“Nela is very laissez-faire and I’m quite uptight, so we both meet in the middle.

“Training with him is unreal, you go hard with someone and go have a coffee with afterward; it’s great for the mental space and mixing up the training as well.

“It’s a great relationship. It’s funny, it’s always funny, but it’s good that we can both do things that will put us in the right stead for the World Cup and get hopefully on that plane both of us.”

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Anyone else surprised tickets for TRC haven't gone on sale yet?

Argies at Parra is a tough sell and you want max time to (hopefully) fill the MCG which will only happen with a decent travelling contingent
First home game under Jones? Cheika v Jones? Only Wallabies test in Sydney this year? Great stadium? But yeah, it's deep in the western suburbs, so no-one will attend that.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
First home game under Jones? Cheika v Jones? Only Wallabies test in Sydney this year? Great stadium? But yeah, it's deep in the western suburbs, so no-one will attend that.
People rather watch on Tele than head out to Parra unfortunately..