• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The glove era of 2002-2006? is interesting, blokes just stopped wearing them. Were they outlawed or did players just realise they didn’t help with catching or passing?

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is this our strongest XV for the WC

1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. Allaalatoa
4. Frost
5. Rodda
6. Holloway
7. Hooper
8. Valentini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Korobiete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Lonergan
17. Bell
18. Topou
19. Skelton
20. Samu/Leota
21. McDermott
22. Foley
23. Petaia

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is this our strongest XV for the WC

1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. Allaalatoa
4. Frost
5. Rodda
6. Holloway
7. Hooper
8. Valentini
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Korobiete
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Wright

16. Lonergan
17. Bell
18. Topou
19. Skelton
20. Samu/Leota
21. McDermott
22. Foley
23. Petaia
Having Jed Holloway anywhere near a jersey should be a punishable crime. Start Valentini at 6, Samu at 8 and Langi Gleeson onto the bench.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
You've got Skelton on the bench, dude. Holloway or Hanigan will be in the 23 somewhere.

That’s not my side mate, was pointing out that Holloway does not deserve to be playing big test minutes, he’ll be lucky to included before the World Cup. Also last time I checked Skelton played in the second row and Gleeson was a backrower.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That’s not my side mate, was pointing out that Holloway does not deserve to be playing big test minutes, he’ll be lucky to included before the World Cup. Also last time I checked Skelton played in the second row and Gleeson was a backrower.

If Hanigan is selected to play any game other than rubbish minutes against Georgia, Eddie has well and truely lost the plot.

You're advocating removing Holloway in a selection with Skelton on the bench. It definitely needs another jumper, the locks are taken so the only place left is the back row. Or call for removal of Skelton so you can disdain Holloway and Hanigan.

Other alternatives might be LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Uru but we are running short of hybrid 6/locks from there.

I'd be sticking with Skelton and Holloway/Hanigan.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Holloway
7. Gleeson/Samu
8. Valentini
20. Samu/Gleeson

Lock it in, no flexibility there for me except the bracketed swap.

Bold move to leave out Australia’s most experienced and probably best player over the last 5 years in Michael Hooper.
Would love to hear your reasoning behind the move. Old age?

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Allen Oxlade (6)
You're advocating removing Holloway in a selection with Skelton on the bench. It definitely needs another jumper, the locks are taken so the only place left is the back row. Or call for removal of Skelton so you can disdain Holloway and Hanigan.

Other alternatives might be LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Uru but we are running short of hybrid 6/locks from there.

I'd be sticking with Skelton and Holloway/Hanigan.
Holloway needs to go, ineffective as a ball carrier and is prone to a drop ball (most tahs games this year).
Don’t mind the combo of swainn and frosty, however the backrow must be

6. Valentini/Samu
7. Hooper
8. Samu/Valentini

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bold move to leave out Australia’s most experienced and probably best player over the last 5 years in Michael Hooper.
Would love to hear your reasoning behind the move. Old age?
Hooper (or McReight) can’t be played anymore. The trend of Test rugby is players getting bigger and the collision becoming ever more important. They’re too easily refereed or targeted out of the game these days.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Leota to make a storming return to the team and take Jed's position. Boy's got wheels, way quicker across the park and jump than Jed.
Not as good in the defensive lineout or maul defence but I do take your point, however he’s coming back from an Achilles and doubtful he regains his power in time.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Holloway
7. Gleeson/Samu
8. Valentini
20. Samu/Gleeson

Lock it in, no flexibility there for me except the bracketed swap.
Hooper at 7 and no Gleeson in the team.

Otherwise agree. I also take Philip as the bench lock.

Would have Gleeson, Leota and I suppose Neville rounding out the squad. Feel like I'm forgetting a lock.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Holloway needs to go, ineffective as a ball carrier and is prone to a drop ball (most tahs games this year).
Don’t mind the combo of swainn and frosty, however the backrow must be

6. Valentini/Samu
7. Hooper
8. Samu/Valentini

Last time then rule 10: that won't be the back row if Skelton is in the 23.