• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
HvtupHP.md.jpg
Genuine interest or player management talking new NRL contracts?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Also I have just worked out there is a relegation tourn so Quade will still get a few games yet. This is kinda hilarious they were 0-14 a week ago with no bonus points & -500 yet he could still lead them into staying in the top league

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
To be expected.

Some will get something ,others will be told no and the player market will decide your value. Unless you are one of the players that would be considered for Wallaby selection whilst playing overseas, you aren't going to be getting above the 1m mark or anywhere close. If a player can get an extra 100k good luck to them.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Not NRL players approaching RA, current rugby players trying to squeeze for more.

It's actually comical if it's true, and hopefully RA tell them to pound sand.

Good luck to any current Australian Super Rugby player who genuinely thinks they're worth more elsewhere. They're playing in an professional competition that is in a downward spiral nearly as bad as what happened to the A-League.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
To be expected.

Some will get something ,others will be told no and the player market will decide your value. Unless you are one of the players that would be considered for Wallaby selection whilst playing overseas, you aren't going to be getting above the 1m mark or anywhere close. If a player can get an extra 100k good luck to them.

It's funny because Sua'ali'i would have commanded similar money in the NRL, maybe the Roosters wouldn't have paid him, but another team likely would have.

No current Wallaby backs would get a sniff of that sort of cash in the NRL. And by current Wallaby backs I mean those playing in Super Rugby who are the ones I assume making a fuss. Kerevi might get paid in the NRL.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Koro & Nawaquinatawase are the only ones I could see making any of them. I don't think they'd have an interest in Kerevi. He's 10kg too heavy and wouldn't keep up to the speed of game. Tom Wright played for Manly but he's a stock standard utility back at best.

Anyways, I think it's about current Wallabies wanting more. What worker doesn't from their employer... Have a go, but don't expect too much. If you want to leave Aus with everything happening in the next 5 years you need your head read.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Koro & Nawaquinatawase are the only ones I could see making any of them. I don't think they'd have an interest in Kerevi. He's 10kg too heavy and wouldn't keep up to the speed of game. Tom Wright played for Manly but he's a stock standard utility back at best.
I bet Kerevi could play at the centre at NRL level. If this guy can do it why not Samu?
HvDxysR.md.jpg

He's a top class centre at international rugby level. He could play at the forward pack too. Bundee Aki is another guy who could play there.

I'm sure Kerevi would destroy defences there, he even play 7s, a more demanding rugby code, in terms of stamina

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I bet Kerevi could play at the centre at NRL level. If this guy can do it why not Samu?
HvDxysR.md.jpg

He's a top class centre at international rugby level. He could play at the forward pack too. Bundee Aki is another guy who could play there.

I'm sure Kerevi would destroy defences there, he even play 7s, a more demanding rugby code, in terms of stamina
You watch him play? I bet he'd have pace on Samu, but he has played a lot in the backrow and as a Utility. He only shifted to Centre from the Fowards for the Sharks because of injury initially and he went well for a while so they left him.

I'm not going to totally blame 7s but he did not come out of it better for it though. Body was not ready.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
You watch him play? I bet he'd have pace on Samu, but he has played a lot in the backrow and as a Utility. He only shifted to Centre from the Fowards for the Sharks because of injury initially and he went well for a while so they left him.

I'm not going to totally blame 7s but he did not come out of it better for it though. Body was not ready.
Yeah and I up the ante, Kerevi could play as a wrecking ball at SOO level. As some enforcers do, impact players

Tah Man

Larry Dwyer (12)
I get the premise of the Wallabies rest weeks, it's a long year but surely a young winger like Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) is better served playing as many games as possible. Especially in a pressure cooker environment like Eden Park opposite a backline full of All Blacks. Seems like a missed development opportunity IMO

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

Anyways, I think it's about current Wallabies wanting more. What worker doesn't from their employer... Have a go, but don't expect too much. If you want to leave Aus with everything happening in the next 5 years you need your head read.
Didn't Jorgensen get offered huge money by the Roosters?