• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Tom wright should go take up a European joker like the other boys.

Absolutely waste of a talent sticking him back Canberra club rugby to sharpen his skills

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I reckon Kellaway and either Foketi or Perese will start and Petaia will be on the bench
Agree IF Foketi is 13, if it's Perese I don't think our chances of stopping the darkness in the wide channels is high. He is great at tackling when he can hit but the AB's are used to that rush D and will cut him out or run around him.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Samu missing out is rough. He always brings much needed energy off the bench. Would be in my 23 every game. I would have liked to see him trialled at 7 as well.

Suspect Gleeson will get a chance to show what he has got against NZ and if he performs will go to the WC over Samu.

Has Samu signed OS next year as well? May go into Eddie's thinking.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thoughts on the squad:

Props - Good, Topou back is a big boost but I'd have Gibbon in there
Hookers - Uelese should drop out or Lonergan or Fainga'a
Second Rowers - Good
Backrowers - Tough on Samu but it was going to be between him and Gleeson you'd think for the last spot and he was a bit underwhelming in Super Rugby, otherwise good but Tom Hooper is a year too early
Halfbacks - Good, but wondering when Lonergan will get an opportunity
Flyhalves - Donaldson doesn't deserve to be there, otherwise good
Centres - Good, Perese will make way for Ikitau come the WC
Outside Backs - tough on Tom Wright but he's been poor, agree with dropping Hodge despite his versatility, Vunivalu and Peitsch shouldn't be there

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Samu missing out is rough. He always brings much needed energy off the bench. Would be in my 23 every game. I would have liked to see him trialled at 7 as well.

Suspect Gleeson will get a chance to show what he has got against NZ and if he performs will go to the WC over Samu.

Has Samu signed OS next year as well? May go into Eddie's thinking.
yes Samu's off to France (I think Bourdeaux) next year

Eddie's Eyebrows

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone else think that throwing Wight on the scrap heap at this stage may indicate Jorgensen may come into the equation sight-unseen before the RWC. His MCL injury was ~3 months from late May. He is still on the injured list.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Pretty brutal from Eddie. Tom Wright starting fullback twice dropped from the entire squad. Guess with Kellaway and Petaia coming back he's certain he doesn't need Wright or Hodge.

Tough on Gibbon who I thought went well but Schoupp is a good prospect.

Really tough on Samu who's a pretty useful player. Surprised by that one, he's a reassuring bench presence for me.
Pretty sure Eddie doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He drops Wright from the squad but keeps Vunivalu who is less versatile and far, far worse?

Hopefully he stumbles into our best back three combo which is a mix of MK, Kellaway, Petaia and Nawaqanitawase.

Ben Donaldson in as a utility gives me nightmares.

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
I know he's being considered for 15 but what are the chances Kellaway gets thrown into 13? He's played there quite a bit for the Rebels and is a really good defender, passer and communicator. Could fill a lot of the roles that Ikitau plays. Also means Petaia can play at 15 which gives is a big boot and some serious aerial ability along with Nawaqanitawse in our back three. Just a thought so please don't @ me.