• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So, last world cup we took our most capped squad ever. Didn't really work. Presumably now turfing out 400 caps in Hooper, Ikitau, Ala'alatoa, Cooper we'll be with our least capped squad. It's great that Carter Gordon has experienced flyhalves around him to mentor him, like Donaldson.
We're definitely without them, but I wouldn't call the omission of Ala'alatoa and Ikitau a turfing out, they're both injured and would almost certainly be there otherwise.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Who’s the last player who came back the same or better from an Achilles? Kepu?

HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Leota, Tupou, Quade all been pretty underwhelming. Then there’s ACL stuff with Perese and Kerevi been below their best.

Compare that to Bell who had a foot bone issue, had it removed and looks good as new.

You’d be concerned about Ala'alatoa ever being the same player again.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
For 15 minutes when we were already fucked. He hasn’t had any game time with a dominant forward pack this year and front foot ball.
It was a 3 point game, how is that "already fucked"

And the whole point of having a 35 year old with 80 caps in your team is that he shouldnt need everything to be perfect around him. If he does, whats the point?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For 15 minutes when we were already fucked. He hasn’t had any game time with a dominant forward pack this year and front foot ball.

And half a game the week prior...

But the Wallabies haven't had much front foot ball, and Gordon has looked to be the better player.

I don't think Quade should be dropped for Donaldson, but I also don't think Quade has looked to be the player he was a few years ago prior to several injuries, at his age, not playing any high level rugby.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Even if you don't take Quade how do you conclude it's Donaldson who's next cab off the rank. Certainly not via any visible metric like form, talent, potential, athleticism or nepotism.

I reckon EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) is trolling.
More than happy for Donaldson to prove me wrong but as far as i'm aware, he was behind, debresczini and lynagh in super rugby this year.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Seriously? After all of his comments since his arrival - this is what people think now?

Like, I know it presents as such but let's just wait for his press conference.

Yeah seriously. Deep down I reckon Eddie knows we are nowhere near close to winning this thing. He has to say otherwise publicly, I get it, but does anyone actually believe it?