• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
How long is the Rory Arnold contract in Japan? He could be an asset for Lions tour and in this current stage you can't afford not to have him. Definitely he's the good twin. Before any NRL big name, Rory is more important
I totally agree.
We should be spending the big bucks to ensure we get too tight 5 players in aus if that’s what we need for them to be wallaby eligible. We just don’t need more wingers and that’s what league players are. How many successful league players have played 10,12,13? Sonny Bill? That’s probably it.
I think Andy Farrell was eventually ok but not amazing.
I’d rather bring in some big South Africans to Perth than pay for another winger we don’t need

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
How long is the Rory Arnold contract in Japan? He could be an asset for Lions tour and in this current stage you can't afford not to have him. Definitely he's the good twin. Before any NRL big name, Rory is more important
he is on 1.4mil in japan so I'm sure his next contract will still be higher, especially as he will be 33+

He didn't play in RWC, not because of his Japanese contract, but because he stopped playing when his team withdrew from the comp and he didn't want to forego his japanese contract by quitting and joining another team. Eddie didn't pick him because he wasn't playing at all.

He is still completely available to play for the wallabies if Eddie wants to pick him and arnold wants to be picked.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Just because Slipper is signed to 25 dosent mean we should keep picking him for the Wallabies he certainly won’t be round for the next WC so go with Bell, Gibbon and Schoupp going forward
Love Slipper and everything he's done for Rugby has been immense but he's starting to look every bit of the 100+ tests and very slow around the park. Ability to play both sides will help him be in squads as well as seemingly being one of the only old guys Eddie will tolerate.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lynagh is in the mix next year. Eddie has always always had players he sticks by, even if the fans don't like it - suspect Donaldson will be that player.
He's going to need to kill it for the Reds and show quite a bit of growth in his running game and control. His around the park kicking is quality but I personally don't see him up for Test footy yet. Hop JOC (James O'Connor) can stay healthy as I think he can really help Lynagh develop/take some pressure off.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Well…. Shit
See Tomthumbs comment but yeah 9 metres v Wales, his defence has been off this year time to move on we’ll lose a lot of experience but at least they’ve invested time into Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) and Vunivalu as the two wingers going forward with Tom Wright first backup

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
See Tomthumbs comment but yeah 9 metres v Wales, his defence has been off this year time to move on we’ll lose a lot of experience but at least they’ve invested time into Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) and Vunivalu as the two wingers going forward with Tom Wright first backup
2 poor games in a poorly performing team…

he is a world class player who has been one of the Wallabies best in recent seasons and will be a monumental loss, even with the rise of Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) on the other wing.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Love Slipper and everything he's done for Rugby has been immense but he's starting to look every bit of the 100+ tests and very slow around the park. Ability to play both sides will help him be in squads as well as seemingly being one of the only old guys Eddie will tolerate.

He's going to need to kill it for the Reds and show quite a bit of growth in his running game and control. His around the park kicking is quality but I personally don't see him up for Test footy yet. Hop JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) can stay healthy as I think he can really help Lynagh develop/take some pressure off.
Who replaces Slipper?

Gibbon? He is still our no.2 LHP and no.3 THP and doesn't look like thats going to change in 2024. At worst he moves to no.3 LHP and no.4 THP behind Schoupp and Pone but I doubt it

5-6 props go in a test squad and he will be there in 2024 and likely 2025 unless a Pearce at WF ends up being another 20ish yr old prodigy like Bell and Tupou.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Who replaces Slipper?

Gibbon? He is still our no.2 LHP and no.3 THP and doesn't look like thats going to change in 2024. At worst he moves to no.3 LHP and no.4 THP behind Schoupp and Pone but I doubt it

5-6 props go in a test squad and he will be there in 2024 and likely 2025 unless a Pearce at WF ends up being another 20ish yr old prodigy like Bell and Tupou.
LHP will be Bell, Gibbon & Schoupp

Potentially Robertson after his sabbatical

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
The first thing we need to do in 2024 is teach the bastards how to tackle. It drove me mad, the inability to hit and stick and the lousy slide defence against hard and fast guys like Fiji who, if you let them run will do you, as they did.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
2 poor games in a poorly performing team…

he is a world class player who has been one of the Wallabies best in recent seasons and will be a monumental loss, even with the rise of Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) on the other wing.
People on this forum are very quick to throw out a player based on 1 or 2 poor performances. Same people will complain about lack of cohesion. If they had their way we wouldnt have anyone left to represent Australia.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Who replaces Slipper?

I object to Pone being described as a prop he is not a props big arse!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It’s a real shame Pone is at the Rebels in 2024 behind Tupou, the guy needs solid scrummaging time to improve his technical ability, he should be a starting prop for his own sake

Playing him off the bench for the last 20mins in Super Rugby for the big runs won’t help his test career.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It’s a real shame Pone is at the Rebels in 2024 behind Tupou, the guy needs solid scrummaging time to improve his technical ability, he should be a starting prop for his own sake

Playing him off the bench for the last 20mins in Super Rugby for the big runs won’t help his test career.
He is rarely fit anyway