• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
why? Because he broke a news story?
No problem with that, But why did he do it 24 hours before our biggest game since the 2015 WC final and try make it the centre of attention in the press conference and the talk afterwards, when it should be on the game, selections and issues we need to address

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
No problem with that, But why did he do it 24 hours before our biggest game since the 2015 WC final and try make it the centre of attention in the press conference and the talk afterwards, when it should be on the game, selections and issues we need to address
Because it’s his job to draw attention that sells newspapers or clicks on a website. This drives traffic, therefore advertising dollars and therefore pays for his wages.

There is also the very real prospect that he knew if it wasn’t him, someone else would of published it before he did and he would lose the scoop.

The only solution here is not having a coach that potentially went for a job interview prior to the game and/or a public that seems to be heavily triggered by a guy having a zoom interview.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’m rewatching the Fiji game waiting for a call from my wife telling me my eldest daughter is going into labour with my first grandchild, a boy.

1st half assessment.
Playing off 9 against dominant Fiji forwards not working;
2/3 plays then kick (White, Petaia) not the right game plan against Fiji;
White high tackle penalty;
Donaldson missed conversion not adding score board pressure;
Slow to breakdown then penalised;
Restarts too deep;
Too many missed tackles;
Loose carries on attack.

Fiji easily dominating first half. Forwards are outplayed not giving front foot. No one deserving their jersey.

Fergo

Allen Oxlade (6)
2nd half so far. I’m off to meet my grandson.
Gordon and Marky’s confusion both to be blamed; Gordon is not the problem but is pulled. Fix your game plan Eddie;
Fines spreading the ball looking good getting it wider;
Kicking after 2/3 plays is shit. Only going dead;
2nd half looking better because Fiji errors. Poor game plan with playing off 9 (White) and kicking after 2/3 phases. Missing Topou and Skelton.

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
Australian Rugby is at its lowest ever
10th in world ranking in my my opinion 11th
Getting rid of Eddie is a must after the Japanese interview and if the board don’t sack him they’re a bunch of losers
This point in time is a massive opportunity to rewrite the constitution of Australian rugby and restart the game if not we are at the cusp off being a tier 2 rugby nation
It’s not alarmist but fact

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Getting rid of Eddie is a must after the Japanese interview and if the board don’t sack him they’re a bunch of losers
This point in time is a massive opportunity to rewrite the constitution of Australian rugby and restart the game if not we are at the cusp off being a tier 2 rugby nation
Yes this is rock bottom
No we shouldn't be lower than we are, still much better than Italy, Samoa, Japan etc., remembering we were without Tupou, AAA, Skelton, Ikitau, Rodda etc.
Eddie is most likely staying - RA don't have the $ to pay him out for the next 4 years

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
Yes this is rock bottom
No we shouldn't be lower than we are, still much better than Italy, Samoa, Japan etc., remembering we were without Tupou, AAA, Skelton, Ikitau, Rodda etc.
Eddie is most likely staying - Rugby Australia don't have the $ to pay him out for the next 4 years
Lol we lost to Italy and watching England vs Samoa no way in the world we would beat Samoa
We all need to accept that we are Tier 2 at this moment

Rippa

Peter Burge (5)
Lol we lost to Italy and watching England vs Samoa no way in the world we would beat Samoa
We all need to accept that we are Tier 2 at this moment
Also if we played Italy or Japanese at the moment we would not win
After watching Wallabies Vs Portugal
We where absolutely shit we are definitely tier 2

Last edited:

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Yes, you're correct with most of that

I'd push back on the "no game plan" though. They had a plan, it was either executed horribly (see Fiji game) or completely ill advised (Wales game). With more time in the saddle I certainly believe they can win with it

You seem intent on believing Eddie is the worst coach in the history of Rugby
Yes I’d agree there is a gameplan however it has not worked
It’s seemed to be this 3 phase and kick which hasn’t allowed us to hold the ball and build anything
And nullified the backs
His plan for neally 1T packed worked v Georgia but once tupou and Skelton got injured he lost that too
Eddie is not worst of all time but this year is horrible, you would have to agree we certainly havnt moved forward and gone backwards dramatically - if Rennie was coaching this year with the performances we had he would be getting absolutely crucified as well
I bellieve injuries to AAA, Roberson, rodda and ikatau hurt our chances but his selection / non selection is worse and with the RWC pool stages it was a min QF or potentially SF not facing the top 4 until this

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
2nd half so far. I’m off to meet my grandson.
Gordon and Marky’s confusion both to be blamed; Gordon is not the problem but is pulled. Fix your game plan Eddie;
Fines spreading the ball looking good getting it wider;
Kicking after 2/3 plays is shit. Only going dead;
2nd half looking better because Fiji errors. Poor game plan with playing off 9 (White) and kicking after 2/3 phases. Missing Topou and Skelton.
Keep it to the match thread...

Agent

Bill Watson (15)

I am no corporate high flyer by any means but I'm pretty sure if a board sacked an employee for interviewing with another company, whether its a competitor or not, they would leave themselves open for litigation unless it is a major breach of contract. RA can't afford to sack and pay out 4 years of Eddie's contract and hopefully will be gun shy after the Issy Folau debacle of a couple of years ago!

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am no corporate high flyer by any means but I'm pretty sure if a board sacked an employee for interviewing with another company, whether its a competitor or not, they would leave themselves open for litigation unless it is a major breach of contract. Rugby Australia can't afford to sack and pay out 4 years of Eddie's contract and hopefully will be gun shy after the Issy Folau debacle of a couple of years ago!
Can't they give him warnings for incompetent performance? Surely this would justify one if so.