• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
And let me guess, a lot of you probably support Isreal, buy products which are made by Slave Labour, turn a blind eye to wage exploitation in Australia.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
If the money is right , then it should be looking into. But would there be a big enough fan base for the game over there?

You can't drink Alcohol over there i think, so that will put a lot of people off traveling. If the game was played in an almost empty stadium except for a few Royals would that do harm to the game? Even if it was profitable.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Nah you cant. Fifa got stitched up with that one when Qatar said yeah no problem to drinking in designated fan zones but then said no in the immediate lead up...

They worried it would cause some to violate their laws against Public Drunkenness, Sex outside of marriage and homosexuality.

Think we give them a wide berth. RA need sponsors and this wouldn't help.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
ppl seem to ignore the fact that both left & right pm's of this country are in bed with a country that has no problem with drone striking kinder gardens yet happy to watch the nfl/nba every week

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nah you cant. Fifa got stitched up with that one when Qatar said yeah no problem to drinking in designated fan zones but then said no in the immediate lead up...

They worried it would cause some to violate their laws against Public Drunkenness, Sex outside of marriage and homosexuality.

Think we give them a wide berth. Rugby Australia need sponsors and this wouldn't help.
I can't see there being a big crowd then . I doubt many Australians in Europe will want to travel to a country where you can't drink.

Think we give them a wide berth. Rugby Australia need sponsors and this wouldn't help.

Why won't it help with sponsors? Did many sponsors pull out of the soccer world cup?

And those games were mostly played packed stadiums. So im sure the majority of people can see through the double standards.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Cadbury has Child Labour and Palm oil sourcing issues, but no one seems to care about that. Did the Australian soccer team lose any sponsors over Qatar?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
One game in Qatar, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

Hopefully that that will give a good cash boost.

Dubai the stadium is too small & way out of town & the stadium in Abu Dhabi is only 15k.

Best options would be

Twickenham 82k
National Stadium Japan 48k
Hong Kong Stadium 40k
Lusail Stadium (will be around 40k soon)

USA might be too hard at the time of year that we would go being the start of the NFL season

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
sometimes stadium size doesn't matter because the dumb government is hurling $$$ to bring the spectacle

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
What makes you say that?
There are different levels of intelligence and I am not referring to their education but to their ability to take on what needs to be done on a rugby field. IE how can these guys be training professionally and miss as many tackles as they do? How can they play the game, make a break, and not look both ways? How can they arrive first at a breakdown and not secure the ball or look for a turnover on it goes, we are so weak in so many areas of basics. Look at Portugal and how their D performed against Fiji compared to ours and that was just one area, the problem should be obvious to us all.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
sometimes stadium size doesn't matter because the dumb government is hurling $$$ to bring the spectacle

Thats why I like twicks, it was a gold mine for eng/rsa/nz & that was only a warm up game for the rwc. We play eng 2 weeks after that could be a good holiday for fans

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
No need for this.

Nonggor is well spoken and humble guy, he is inexperienced sure, there aren’t many THPs who don’t get folded in their first test season.
I am talking about the whole team of which Pone is an example, I have no opinion on Nongoor.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
They import cheap Labour, the same way Australia does. Every country does it. You could class it as modern day slavery, but you're kidding yourself if you think it only happens over there.
All work for a wage is a form of slavery by your calculation. I am tempted to agree only from my own personal experience.

Reactions: dru