• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Depends where it's coming from. If it's Sheikh Mahommed then it's probably a quasi sponsorship (or even an actual one) with Emirates, and I don't have any issues with that. If the way they run their racing empire is anything to go by they make the investment and outsource/hire the management to people who know how to do it. They like their investments to win.

very different money coming from the uae to the saudi's

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
ARU should organise a meeting between Eddie Jones and some of the Royals. He knows how to talk. A sponsorship deal, or a game in that part of the world would be very beneficial.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Qatar even has a Rugby Union team. Maybe we could play them in a one off game to generate income and future sponsorship opportunities.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Wallabies in 2024 have a lot on their plate.

Who's 10, Assistant Coaches, Captain, Geopolitics

They have officially scrambled us all.
If I were picking a side right now from fit players, it would look like the following:-

1 Bell, 2 Porecki, 3 Tupou, 4 Philip, 5 Skelton, 6 Hooper, 7 Uru, 8 Valetini, 9 Fines-Leleiwasa, 10 Debreczini, 11 Pietsch, 12 Foketi, 13 Ikatau, 14 Nawaqanitawase, 15 Wright. For 2024, I'd be hoping Ala'alatoa, Frost, Jorgensen and Gordon are all fit for the midyear tests.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If I were picking a side right now from fit players, it would look like the following:-

1 Bell, 2 Porecki, 3 Tupou, 4 Philip, 5 Skelton, 6 Hooper, 7 Uru, 8 Valetini, 9 Fines-Leleiwasa, 10 Debreczini, 11 Pietsch, 12 Foketi, 13 Ikatau, 14 Nawaqanitawase, 15 Wright. For 2024, I'd be hoping Ala'alatoa, Frost, Jorgensen and Gordon are all fit for the midyear tests.
Got a Lions series to start preparing for. Debreczini Wright are not the path forward at 10-15.

Having said that I'd like to see Pietsch get a go and Ikitau come back in.

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Migrants definitely get exploited more. Australians know their worth and a lot are in unions which protect them.
I have a migrant next door to me. He arrived unable to read or write in both English and his own language. He has just retired in his early 60's with more than 40m in the bank. Is it better to have it tough to start or get an easy start in comfort? Most migrants seem to do better than Aussie's by simply working hard and sticking their necks out in their own businesses.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)

1 - Bell
2 - BPA
3 - Tupou
4 - Frost
5 - Skelton
6 - Leota
7 - McReight
8 - Valentini
9 - Lonergan
10 - Gordon
11 - Wright
12 - Foketi