• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
"Lack of Australian presence in the finals ".

Brumbies have played finals every year since 2014, except 2018. Steve Larkham coach 2014 - 2017, 2023, and Dan McKellar 2018 - 2022. Bernie hasn't yet missed making the finals. Now, there's a presence.
You're completely right. We need the rest of our teams to try chase down the Brums who have clearly been the outstanding rugby high performance program in Australia for years. We need another team or 2 to be similarly competitive to start to claw back some interest in Super Rugby.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The fact he's 23 shocks me. Bursting onto the scene doesn't always help. Were still talking about Frost being let develop but he's 24. Tom Hooper is 22 but have semi written Wilson off.

Wilson has the frame and the athletic ability to be anything. Hopefully he's like a lot of the anglo boys and he fills out from now until 27-28 and he has an extended prime over others who seem to flame out.
And Valetini has only just turned 25.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
& 1 of 7 lol
But plays in the same position/ role as Wilson.. It's unfortunate for Harry. But arguably our best forward is playing in the same position as him.

So he's missing out. And was just pointing out it's not like Valetini's old his a year .. year and half older.

None of that though has anything to do with what you just said... But I guess your comment had nothing to do with the conversation..so...

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
But plays in the same position/ role as Wilson.. It's unfortunate for Harry. But arguably our best forward is playing in the same position as him.

So he's missing out. And was just pointing out it's not like Valetini's old his a year .. year and half older.

None of that though has anything to do with what you just said... But I guess your comment had nothing to do with the conversation..so...

Sorry I ment there are 7 Valentini's in the family

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Etsebeth and Retallick both represented their countries at the age of 19. Two of the best in the world, still. Weird?
The conversation was about Wilson being so young and I just pointed out his only 1 year and half younger then Valetini..that's all just that the guy in his position is going to be around a fair while...

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
From recent Fox Sports article about the team manager leaving Wallabies:
"Although most of the staff were only contracted until the end of the World Cup, the list of exits has still included assistant coaches Jason Ryles, Brett Hodgson, Dan Palmer, Neil Hatley, Pierre-Henry Broncan and Berrick Barnes, while Brad Davis quit on the eve of the tournament.

The report calls the move not to re-sign staff brought in by Jones, including team psychologists, “shows a line in the sand is being drawn”.

Complete cleanout of the setup. Some of the detail around certain aspects of the coaches was atrocious, so can't say that is too disappointing.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It certainly reads as though the proverbial broom is being put through the joint. Which isn't a bad thing I don't think. The process to remove a director/chairman is a bit different of course.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
From recent Fox Sports article about the team manager leaving Wallabies:
"Although most of the staff were only contracted until the end of the World Cup, the list of exits has still included assistant coaches Jason Ryles, Brett Hodgson, Dan Palmer, Neil Hatley, Pierre-Henry Broncan and Berrick Barnes, while Brad Davis quit on the eve of the tournament.

The report calls the move not to re-sign staff brought in by Jones, including team psychologists, “shows a line in the sand is being drawn”.

Complete cleanout of the setup. Some of the detail around certain aspects of the coaches was atrocious, so can't say that is too disappointing.
'Setup' implies some level of planning and co-ordination evidently well beyond anything these people are capable of.