• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I absolutely detest the negative barbs being thrown at a young up and coming player.

Donaldson last year was the only ten taking on the line and had a boot with the length needed for international rugby. Whilst his performances this year have dipped, this has to be expected with young players, especially when thrown into a losing team. Let's also remember that he doesn't pick the squad or team and his first choice position is not 15- something I am hoping the next coaching regime learn from that players should be playing consistently in their position in Super Rugby and not shifting for internationals.

How about a nice change of pace and get behind and support Wallaby players, in particular young players only just coming into the team.

I expect Donaldson to be a key signing for the Force and with Pasitoa they have two players at 10 with significant potential.
You are right about one thing - it's not his fault he was getting selected.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I rarely have a crack at a young bloke doing his best, as others have said - they don't pick themselves. If they've got a poor attitude or carry on like pork chops that's a bit different obviously.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I reckon we let Liam complete a season of Super Rugby without incurring a major injury before we declare him ready for test rugby.
That was why I put him in possibles. He could be the bigger 7 we require. with Bobby V at 6 and T. Hooper 8 (although neither he nor BobbyV have the ball skills to play 8.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
AAA, Frost, BPA, Rodda
Is BPA going to be available in 24? If yes then one of the first picked. Frost is still on the outside of possibles to me as I don't think he has it yet but I think he will be come next RWC. Rodda and AAA are tradesmen and useful but hardly test players based on what I have seen in this RWC.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Frost is our best lock...

Rodda and AAA didn't play in this world cup...

BPA is coming back from a serious injury I'm pretty sure.
Please stop making obvious assumptions it pisses me off. Everyone knows they didn't play. I was making an observation on the competition they would meet v France, Ireland, NZ, SA and England.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I want to see if Sam Talakai can step up as he looks good enough to me. Also he could backup Tupoa who is injury plagued atm.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
So AAA isn't good enough but Sam Talakai is?

Talakai is a 32 year old career journeyman
TT, so you have never seen him play? I think he is a solid prop who does all the work necessary and AAA gets worked over regularly. Pone = huge error, Zane is too light, not strong enough and young. At least Talakai can hold tighthead and I have not seen him worked over. I don't care who steps up but behind Tupoa is a hole.