• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Isn't the RUPA agreement dictating max hours currently? If so, could be hard to shift
Not that I'm aware of though it might, but I don't think it would be tight enough to require super rugby rest periods.

I do think it has a mandated break between end of season and when players are required to return for pre season as a form of load management.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Not that I'm aware of though it might, but I don't think it would be tight enough to require super rugby rest periods.

I do think it has a mandated break between end of season and when players are required to return for pre season as a form of load management.
I'm pretty sure it dictates the maximum number of contact sessions/hours at the very least - I think it came up on here during the injury nightmare of '22. But yes, I don't think it would extend to mandated rest during Super, nor should it.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Campbell.
So you would have

9. Mcdermott 10. TL/HMP 11. Vunivalu 12. JOC (James O'Connor) 13. Paisami 14. Flook 15. Petaia

22. Henry? 23. Campbell

See, I just can't see shifting our best fullback out of the team to accommodate it, especially now that Petaia is at 15 and I don't think that's his best spot, and flook is wing and I don't think that's his best spot and Paisami is 13 and I don't think that's HIS best spot either.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
He will probably play 12 outside of of these 2, but I think it is premature to state without a shadow of a doubt that a 20 year old with limited game time and a teenager with barely any, have cemented themselves ahead of him.

Who would you leave out of the lineup to accommodate one of those developing 10s in a starting team? - JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Paisami, Flook, Petaia, Vunivalu or Campbell?
JOC (James O'Connor) or Paisami. Whilst JOC (James O'Connor) did some good stuff for the Reds he was noticeably unfit.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So you would have

9. Mcdermott 10. TL/HMP 11. Vunivalu 12. JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) 13. Paisami 14. Flook 15. Petaia

22. Henry? 23. Campbell

See, I just can't see shifting our best fullback out of the team to accommodate it, especially now that Petaia is at 15 and I don't think that's his best spot, and flook is wing and I don't think that's his best spot and Paisami is 13 and I don't think that's HIS best spot either.

In the absence of an experienced out and out stand off, I think JOC (James O'Connor) needs to play alongside a youngster. Of the other 5 outside backs, I think Flook, Paisami and Petaia and significantly ahead of Vunivalu and Campbell, and under the assumption that at Super level Petaia should be playing fullback for the Wallabies sake, that leaves Campbell as the odd man out as you want at least 1 genuine winger in the starting lineup.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
In the absence of an experienced out and out stand off, I think JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) needs to play alongside a youngster. Of the other 5 outside backs, I think Flook, Paisami and Petaia and significantly ahead of Vunivalu and Campbell, and under the assumption that at Super level Petaia should be playing fullback for the Wallabies sake, that leaves Campbell as the odd man out as you want at least 1 genuine winger in the starting lineup.
Paisami makes way for Flook IMO and then have Campbell as the openside winger.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
He will probably play 12 outside of of these 2, but I think it is premature to state without a shadow of a doubt that a 20 year old with limited game time and a teenager with barely any, have cemented themselves ahead of him.

Who would you leave out of the lineup to accommodate one of those developing 10s in a starting team? - JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Paisami, Flook, Petaia, Vunivalu or Campbell?
Surely Paisami will play 12?