• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Mark was one of the few locked in. If Koroibete's form continues to slide or he retires pre Lions, who are our wingers?

Petaia, Kellaway, Wright are the proven ones. Then presumably Jorgensen, Sua'ali'i and Toole will come into contention in the back 3 somewhere.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Mark was one of the few locked in. If Koroibete's form continues to slide or he retires pre Lions, who are our wingers?

Petaia, Kellaway, Wright are the proven ones. Then presumably Jorgensen, Sua'ali'i and Toole will come into contention in the back 3 somewhere.
1701901315652.png

;)

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe in 2025. Hasn't played a game of Super Rugby yet so let's see.

Fantastic prospect with size and speed. Was interesting to read Darby had hit the 10m per second mark they use to assess speed in the 7s program. Corey Toole, Henry Palmer, Hadley Tonga are at that mark but Darby is 10kg heavier and 10cm taller.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Post by rugby bloke on Instagram about 8 players that "should debut" for the Wallabies next year.

- Max Burey. At first I thought no way but it's not a bad shout with because of our current situation. A lot will depend on the Force winning games and Pasitoa. He won't win us a WC but we're a bit lost at 10 still with a lot of kids coming through behind Gordon. Noah is an obvious recall chance to get in the way.
- Josh Flook. Think this is pretty obvious. Wallabies lacked versatility and smarts. Ticks a lot of boxes and seems a leader as well.
- Max Jorgensen. Would have already if not for the broken leg. He'll be blooded for sure.
- Corey Toole. With Mark leaving I think he's definitely in a side at some stage.
- Tom Horton. I think we are in some deep trouble if he's wearing gold. A small hooker who can't throw (shouldn't count against him). He's got energy but it's a no for me.
- Harry Potter. Think this is another good chance. Another versatile back. If fit he should start for the Force without much competition, so he will get show what he can bring.
- Ryan Lonergan. Think he should have gone to the WC in place of IFL. Happy to see him get a crack.
- Miles Amatosero. I'll wait on this one. Yes he has all the attributes but we've heard this before about 2nd Rowers. Also only 21, so he has a couple of years before he is even at his physical prime.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)

Toole isn’t test standard probably Kellaway at fullback with Petaia and Wright on the wings

need more of a look at Jorgensen and Sua'ali'i

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
Post by rugby bloke on Instagram about 8 players that "should debut" for the Wallabies next year.

- Max Burey. At first I thought no way but it's not a bad shout with because of our current situation. A lot will depend on the Force winning games and Pasitoa. He won't win us a WC but we're a bit lost at 10 still with a lot of kids coming through behind Gordon. Noah is an obvious recall chance to get in the way.
- Josh Flook. Think this is pretty obvious. Wallabies lacked versatility and smarts. Ticks a lot of boxes and seems a leader as well.
- Max Jorgensen. Would have already if not for the broken leg. He'll be blooded for sure.
- Corey Toole. With Mark leaving I think he's definitely in a side at some stage.
- Tom Horton. I think we are in some deep trouble if he's wearing gold. A small hooker who can't throw (shouldn't count against him). He's got energy but it's a no for me.
- Harry Potter. Think this is another good chance. Another versatile back. If fit he should start for the Force without much competition, so he will get show what he can bring.
- Ryan Lonergan. Think he should have gone to the WC in place of IFL. Happy to see him get a crack.
- Miles Amatosero. I'll wait on this one. Yes he has all the attributes but we've heard this before about 2nd Rowers. Also only 21, so he has a couple of years before he is even at his physical prime.
Some of those names shouldn’t be there

Lonergan should be starting 9 IMO next year

Flook potentially but Ikitau is better

Jorgensen the other but needs more super rugby games first Eddie tried to rush him in too early

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Beyond those guys Flook probably gets his start on the wing (or as a bench utility covering it) and Vunivalu will likely keep plugging away, people may not like him but there's plenty of upside to his game and he will hopefully get a full super season to push his case. Pietsch is likely in the frame too, though I personally don't rate him as a test prospect yet.

Beyond that it'll be a bit dependent on who is playing at wing for the super sides. Daugunu and Potter could both make it with guys like Vaihu and Lancaster probably a couple of years off still.

It'll also turn a bit on the Fullback situation - if Campbell steps up there then it frees Kellaway for the wing, but Campbell is unlikely to be an option as a test match winger and if Petaia or Wright end up focusing on wing alone either could lock down a spot pretty quickly.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

I don't like the phrasing of "should" before the season has been played and their form has been seen, but for this list to come true the Force will have to have a massive step up in form. Potter has the best chance of those in terms of little competition for a start, but with the rest of the backline up in the air at the moment he might have a hard time showing his wares. Hooker is not a strength but Horton would have to have a hell of a season to push past the likes of Faessler, Lonergan and Pollard. If BPA is coming back the year after he may come back into the fold earlier for the wallabies too, making the job even harder for Horton. Mafi and Nasser are much more likely debutants (though both only an outside chance).

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

The hooker position is a real interesting one for me, its going to depend on who the new coach is. For me if we want to play international football it can only be BPA, FF (Folau Fainga'a) & maybe Ulese/Fess. If we want to play Super Rugby/7's style then its Nos & Pollard. DP may have finished as wallabies captain but for me not physical enough to play like the northern/rsa style & not quick enough for the latter

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
BPA is the best possible when available. Porecki is likely to still be seen as safe so there is a spot for the next guy. It's not Uelese and he's with Moana now so he'd count as an international pick?

I like Lonergan, think Pollard has huge potential and Feassler feels like Porecki 2.0