• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Isn't 7A's only like 28.... not really old I guess he has been around along time so has the mileage on the body
He is fine - will be a stalwart in the squad in 2024 and beyond, will be our Slipper in 2027.

Basically a shitfight for the 3rd LHP and THP in 2024 and 2025, Schoup, Hodgman, Gibbon, Lambert Pone, Talakai, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Nonggoor, then Eloff to be eligible.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.
I think it depends on what you value. I am hearing from some posters here that they don't care about player drain and we just bring them back for the Wallabies after decent coaching in the North.
If that is the case, then bring back any player we want as the important thing is a winning Wallaby team. If you disagree then you want the players to stay here for Super Rugby and possible Wallabies duties?

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think it depends on what you value. I am hearing from some posters here that they don't care about player drain and we just bring them back for the Wallabies after decent coaching in the North.
If that is the case, then bring back any player we want as the important thing is a winning Wallaby team. If you disagree then you want the players to stay here for Super Rugby and possible Wallabies duties?
I really don't have a fixed opinion. Maybe the players should be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Strange take, when has Ala'alatoa ever been mentioned as grumpy or anything but a credit to his teams at the Brumbies and Wallabies level? Everything I've ever read is he goes above and beyond helping others.

This is referenced in several articles and stems from the Brumbies.

He was literally named Allan after Allan Border so it is completely unsurprising that his teammates have given him the same nickname.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
This is referenced in several articles and stems from the Brumbies.

He was literally named Allan after Allan Border so it is completely unsurprising that his teammates have given him the same nickname.
I bet he’s glad his dad’s favourite cricketer wasn’t Richard Hadley.

Homer

Larry Dwyer (12)
He can't arrest things once they are going off the rails. If anything he doubles down. It's happened everywhere he's been.

Anyways, enough Eddie. He's got nothing to do with the Wallabies 2024 (scars sure).

Who debuts this year? I Think we'll see Flook going on last years performances. Anyone got a potential Bolter for a jersey?

Ryan Lonergan. Great pass, excellent goal kicker, solid defence, captain material and the type of no-nonsense player we need to get back on track. With a backline that will be short on leaders i think he is a very solid pick as someone to build on for the next WC.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I thought he should have been included ahead of IFL in the WC squad but as we know it was a throw it at the wall and hope it sticks approach to that tournament.

His goal kicking could be enough for at least a bench spot. Who kicks for the Brumbies if Noah & Lonergan are starting?

All our 9s currently have a flaw that is holding them back from grabbing the jersey and owning it.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought he should have been included ahead of IFL in the WC squad but as we know it was a throw it at the wall and hope it sticks approach to that tournament.

His goal kicking could be enough for at least a bench spot. Who kicks for the Brumbies if Noah & Lonergan are starting?

All our 9s currently have a flaw that is holding them back from grabbing the jersey and owning it.
Noah will be kicking, thats how it's been for a while, Lonergan as a backup.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ryan was still the backup to Nic White last Super Rugby season so that might account for him being second choice kicker to Noah. With both probably starting most games. it might be a toss up. Jack Debreczini to take the 50+m kicks most likely.

Yoda

Ted Thorn (20)
Ryan was still the backup to Nic White last Super Rugby season so that might account for him being second choice kicker to Noah. With both probably starting most games. it might be a toss up. Jack Debreczini to take the 50+m kicks most likely.
BR. Your thoughts on Noah at 10, JB to 15 and Wright on the Wing?