• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

BASSO

Bob McCowan (2)
The simple facts of Australian Rugby are, we need a complete over hall, the team is the team, it starts back in under 12's at club level and then flows on to club rugby and then state rugby and then the National team. We have the same group of X rugby players and private school dads who push an agenda to suit their own needs and ego's, all good players are lost to League because of this and then we are left with the sons of old rugby dads in the teams and they all slap each other on the back and use lines like, great channel and line speed, we need natural talent and ability. Clean everyone out, pick the best teams and stop being so technical and let them play football. You all know who you are, without change nothing changes.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Did Cooper help us in South Africa? What about Argentina, how did he go? Or when he came off the bench in the Bledisloe?
1. Cooper never started with Tate. Listen to Genia talk about how different halfbacks effect the play of the game. Forwards were also questionable.

2. Even if you think Gordon in a better 10, taking just one fly-half with almost no experience is just dumb.

3. Let me know when you have more knowledge about rugby and how Rugby World Cups than the guys I've mentioned like SBW or Drew Mitchell.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
1. Cooper never started with Tate. Listen to Genia talk about how different halfbacks effect the play of the game. Forwards were also questionable.

2. Even if you think Gordon in a better 10, taking just one fly-half with almost no experience is just dumb.

3. Let me know when you have more knowledge about rugby and how Rugby World Cups than the guys I've mentioned like SBW or Drew Mitchell.
Yeah but they are also advocating for a close personal friend of theirs. So nepotism is clearly clouding their judgement.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
He literally said in the broadcast that he wasn’t right. Again how did he go in the game he played this year?

We wouldn’t have gone any better with them.

So what we take Cooper an old out of form has been who is a proven flop at world cups?
Where in the broadcast did Hooper say he wasn’t right?

I just watched the first RWC Central episode on Stan right before the tournament kicked off and when asked how his calf was, his reply was

‘Calf is going well. So I’m doing my best to be ready if anything was to happen’

Coupled with the Payten interview, it sounds like he was good to go.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Did Cooper help us in South Africa? What about Argentina, how did he go? Or when he came off the bench in the Bledisloe?
He almost single handedly defeated SA last year and was coming back off a major injury. Was not given time to get back in form. Without question much more worthy of a punt that some freckled kid who had a couple of average test caps under his belt. Both should have gone BTW.
And as stated, having he and the likes of Hooper in and around the squad would make a huge difference. If the young blokes then deserved selection ahead of them then no problem. Not including them was just incredibly arrogant and short sighted.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yeah but they are also advocating for a close personal friend of theirs. So nepotism is clearly clouding their judgement.
So taking 1 experienced 10 (and then basically discarding him after a poor performance) was a better option than taking an experienced 10, one who has win a Super Rugby title and actually has a winning record with the Wallabies in 80-odd Tests.

But sure - you know more about rugby than those ex-players.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Where in the broadcast did Hooper say he wasn’t right?

I just watched the first RWC Central episode on Stan right before the tournament kicked off and when asked how his calf was, his reply was

‘Calf is going well. So I’m doing my best to be ready if anything was to happen’

Coupled with the Payten interview, it sounds like he was good to go.
To be ready meaning he is not ready

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
To be ready meaning he is not ready
No no no….you said he stated that he wasn’t right. That’s not at all what he said and he is on record saying he was good.

To be ready means he has to stay fit and prepared and ready to step on the field at the last minute.

Again - you think he’s lying, that’s up to you.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So taking 1 experienced 10 (and then basically discarding him after a poor performance) was a better option than taking an experienced 10, one who has win a Super Rugby title and actually has a winning record with the Wallabies in 80-odd Tests.

But sure - you know more about rugby than those ex-players.
lol do you ever stop dribbling shit? Cooper would not have had an impact.

Yes they should have looked for an experienced 10 but maybe someone who was fully fit having a good year, someone who hasn’t choked massively at a World Cup in the past, someone who has taken the Wallabies all the way to a WC final also won a super rugby title and doesn’t carry on like a petulant child if something doesn’t fall his way

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
lol do you ever stop dribbling shit? Cooper would not have had an impact.

Yes they should have looked for an experienced 10 but maybe someone who was fully fit having a good year, someone who hasn’t choked massively at a World Cup in the past, someone who has taken the Wallabies all the way to a WC final also won a super rugby title and doesn’t carry on like a petulant child if something doesn’t fall his way
Richie McCaw and the All Blacks choked at the RWC.

If this is all you have then you don’t know a fucken thing about sport, let alone rugby.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Do they not teach English over the ditch buddy?
Yes. That’s how I know ‘to be ready’ can mean more than what you desperately want it to be.

Hooper specifically says he was 100% by Georgia. So just tell us that you think he’s a liar.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
So you fixate on one point. Cooper is past it. We needed an experienced back up sure but we had a better option. His mates advocating for him doesn’t change that
Donaldson was the better ‘experienced back-up’ option?!

God - this has to be a joke. I’ve got to be getting pranked here….you got me muthafuckers!!

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree that team selection around experienced players was off. However, its a common theme that a player's reputation benefits from time off. We shit on players when theyre playing in the squad but then reminisce and talk them up when theyre out of it .

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Donaldson was the better ‘experienced back-up’ option?!
If you think by super rugby champion, a 10 who has taken the Wallabies to a World Cup final and is having a good season is Donno than you just affirm to everyone that you are fucking clueless