• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Does any feel as if Rennie was the reason we saw a lot of players play really well and then play shit under Eddie?

I feel as though a lot of players wanted to play for Rennie, was one of his assets.
I think the players were shaken up by what amounted to a major upheaval of the coaching staff, and the playing group. That's without getting into personalities: I would bet that Rennie was a more rational and supportive personality that the Eyebrows. Maybe he was a better coach, too.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's amazing that as a back, he feels comfortable telling a ref to stay out of the scrum:
“And make sure the referee has nothing to do with the scrum, they have no idea. Let’s make a fantastic, entertaining game.”

NoName

Herbert Moran (7)

It's a shame when once great players seek to tarnish their reputations by descending into completely irrelevant flogs...

Wise words.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

It's a shame when once great players seek to tarnish their reputations by descending into completely irrelevant flogs...

Campo is as much of a blowhard flog as EJ (Eddie Jones)

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

Pictured: Wallabies players inevitably winning the '27 WC after taking Campo's adivce to heart

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I think the players were shaken up by what amounted to a major upheaval of the coaching staff, and the playing group. That's without getting into personalities: I would bet that Rennie was a more rational and supportive personality that the Eyebrows. Maybe he was a better coach, too.
There might be a cultural element there that a lot of people are overlooking too.

Yoda

Watty Friend (18)
Might as well start this off. Time to start afresh and move on from all the old heads. I don't think the Giteau law has done anything for us.

I'd like to see a 35 man squad like this come next July: (You can bag it out, but it's not like this current team has worked)

Props - AAA, Tupou, Nonggorr, Bell, Gibbon, Schoupp

Hookers - BPA, Faessler, Lonergan

Second Row - Rodda, Skelton, Frost, Salakai-Loto

Backrow - Gleeson, Wilson, Valentini, T. Hooper, Leota, McReight

Halfbacks - McDermott, Lonergan, IFL

Flyhalves - Gordon, Lolesio, Lynagh/Harrison

Centres - Foketi, Ikitau, Paisami, Perese

Outside Backs - Jorgensen, Vunivalu, Petaia, Nawaqanitawase, Kellaway, Wright
Fly halves.. Lolesio, Lynagh, Harrison? Don’t think so.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Harrison could be a contender but a long time out of the saddle won't help his cause. Lynagh will be in the mix before the Lions series.

I thought we would have a choice of several top 10's but the reality of injuries and loss of form has meant we are still scratching around looking for a solution. I am still a strong Gordon supporter and don't think Eddie did him (or many players really) any favours with his arse about face defensive patterns.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Harrison could be a contender but a long time out of the saddle won't help his cause. Lynagh will be in the mix before the Lions series.

I thought we would have a choice of several top 10's but the reality of injuries and loss of form has meant we are still scratching around looking for a solution. I am still a strong Gordon supporter and don't think Eddie did him (or many players really) any favours with his arse about face defensive patterns.

I think Bowen will go past Harrison this yr

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reactions: dru