• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ha ha… would it be more like 100%! One thing about the internet. It creates so many options to waste time!
I've held back 2% for the (a) substantiable rumours, (b) reports from training and club/non televised games and (c) links to content, as generous as that may be.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
But that was only when Quade was running the cutter, his Wallabies won 65% of their tests when Quade started at 10, add in a telepathic synergy with Australia's best scrumhalf since Gregan in Will Genia & that once in a generation combination should've achieved a lot more under Robbie's tutelage - most notably a 2013 Lions Series win.
Sorry - yeah, I forgot. When they won it was the players, when they lost it was Deans, right?

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Sorry - yeah, I forgot. When they won it was the players, when they lost it was Deans, right?

I would probably lean towards yes based on the evidence provided by Quade.

Deans asked him to play through a knee injury for a 2012 game against Argentina and then said in a press conference he would have benched his playmaker if he had enough reserves. Cooper helped steer the team to a 23-19 fight-back win on the Gold Coast.

"I hurt my knee in one of the training sessions and told the management I had a bit of floating cartilage. I said, 'I don't know if I can play', they said, 'No you're sweet, you can get surgery next week in the week off, this is the last week and we need to win it'," Cooper said.

"I went into the game and I couldn't really kick because every time I kicked that bit of cartilage would get stuck in my joint. Willy [Genia], off the kick-off, threw the ball to me, I hesitated to kick and it and ended up getting charged down.

"We won the game and in the media [conference, post-match] Robbie said to the media, 'If we had a reserve to bring on' - all our boys got injured - 'I would have hooked Quade'. "So we won the game, I'd just played through an injury he knew about, so I felt really let down and embarrassed.

Last edited:

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
Wallaby team after week one.
15. Petaia
14. Nawaqanitawase
13. Ikitau
12. Paisami
11. Toole
10. Lolesio
9. McDermott
8. Wilson
7. McReight
6. Wright
5. Uru
4. Frost
3.Talakai
2.Faessler
1. Bell
Reimer and Cale in over Mcreight and Wright. Reimer did a lot of dirty work and got about 6 turnovers, didn't seagull out wide for highlight reel stuff.
Hodgeman was immense for the Reds, toweled up HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and belted tahs at the ruck.
Alot of 2nd rows to choose from, Canham was good for the Rebs and is a big boy. Amotosero has massive potential, just needs more gas.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)

Deans asked him to play through a knee injury for a 2012 game against Argentina and then said in a press conference he would have benched his playmaker if he had enough reserves. Cooper helped steer the team to a 23-19 fight-back win on the Gold Coast.

"I hurt my knee in one of the training sessions and told the management I had a bit of floating cartilage. I said, 'I don't know if I can play', they said, 'No you're sweet, you can get surgery next week in the week off, this is the last week and we need to win it'," Cooper said.

"I went into the game and I couldn't really kick because every time I kicked that bit of cartilage would get stuck in my joint. Willy [Genia], off the kick-off, threw the ball to me, I hesitated to kick and it and ended up getting charged down.

"We won the game and in the media [conference, post-match] Robbie said to the media, 'If we had a reserve to bring on' - all our boys got injured - 'I would have hooked Quade'. "So we won the game, I'd just played through an injury he knew about, so I felt really let down and embarrassed.
Pathetic shit from a piece of low life - at that time in his life anyway. Great talent but I never forgave him for the gutless hit on McCaw and then running away.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Deans tenure was more than a decade ago. I genuinely worry you need some kind of assistance.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Deans tenure was more than a decade ago. I genuinely worry you need some kind of assistance.
It may be over a decade ago, however it's historic importance cannot be overstated - Quade cannot get back the opportunities that Robbie and Eddie callously denied him of; a 2013 Lions Series win & a 2023 World Cup Semi-Final birth... given their laughably easy draw last year.

All fingers are crossed Schmidt will enable Quade, the veteran, his deserved opportunity to play in his first Lions series in 2025, Australians must be banking on the return of 'the King' at flyhalf for them to have even the slimmest likelihood of upsetting a brilliantly coached Lions team under Andy Farrell compared to the rabble that Warren Gatland prepared for Robbie in 2013.

Last edited:

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Charlie Cale, another Eastwood player overlooked by the Tahs.
I think there appears to be some reluctance to take players out of Shute Sheild and prefer those from academies or overseas experience. I watched Amatesero, expecting him to rip into it but atm he is far from another Skelton, after all the media splash about him I expected a bit more.