• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Samu K just should not have been in the side last year, despite the lack of other top performers in the 12 spot. It did his reputation as much harm as he did to the Wallabies with his poor performances. My real concern about SK is that even if he regains his form, his style of play maybe isn't suited to a Wallabies team trying to re-establish its credentials with a more cohesive, team oriented game plan.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Samu K just should not have been in the side last year, despite the lack of other top performers in the 12 spot. It did his reputation as much harm as he did to the Wallabies with his poor performances. My real concern about SK is that even if he regains his form, his style of play maybe isn't suited to a Wallabies team trying to re-establish its credentials with a more cohesive, team oriented game plan.
I agree - it's my biggest issue when suggested he returns to the Reds. The team has moved on from playing Kerevi-ball, after some time trying to replicate it with others, and look better for it. The big caveat, however, being that Kerevi has improved his distribution since those days and the Wallabies have other weapons in their arsenal to provide some variety, which the Reds were somewhat lacking.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
You talk as if he was the worst in that Wallaby team! Despite his injury, he was better than Petaia and Perese, Foketi went OK in my book. The biggest problem we had was not SK it was the stupid approach of Jones ensuring our forwards rarely competed at the breakdown and the backs moves that were never settled or embraced.
In %age terms Jones 90% the players 10%.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
It is at least possible that one side was better prepared for the conditions. One was playing at home, one was flying in.

Frankly I am glad that the Force won, but I am scratching my head at the Reds poor performance.
It's a huge problem. Interesting to see what Les Kiss does about this behaviour and lack of on-field leadership - Liam Wright is not a future Wallaby Captain as some were saying a couple of years ago.

wamberal99

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It's a huge problem. Interesting to see what Les Kiss does about this behaviour and lack of on-field leadership - Liam Wright is not a future Wallaby Captain as some were saying a couple of years ago.
The Wallaby captain needs to be good enough to make our first XV. Wright doesn't.

We need one of our best players to step up and claim the captaincy.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
It is at least possible that one side was better prepared for the conditions. One was playing at home, one was flying in.

Frankly I am glad that the Force won, but I am scratching my head at the Reds poor performance.
You are unfair with the Force. They played one of their greatest games in years and you blame the tempeture. C'mon

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Going with a local only for the July series - this is my 33 man squad.

Hk: Faessler, Porecki, ?
Pr: Slipper, Bell, Hodgman, Ala'alatoa, Tupou, Talakai
Lk: Frost, Neville, Holloway, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
BR: Leota, Wilson, Valetini, Swinton, Mcreight
* I do not think we will see Swinton, with him replaced by Wright, Hooper, Hanigan, Uru or Gleeson - all have pros and cons - this is a tough one!
* One of Uru, Hanigan or Hooper may likely get in a lock spot over Neville who is now 35. I wish Amatosero was doing better

HB: Mcdermott, White, Lonergan
FH: Donaldson, Lolesio, Gordon
C: Paisami, Foketi, Perese, Ikitau
OB: Kellaway, Wright, Markymark, Toole, Petaia

Would you pick anyone guaranteed leaving? Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) and Perese could be replaced by Flook & Vunivalu

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think Hooper and Hanigan may find their way into the squad. Cover a lot and in Hanigans case it would be a pick on form. Neville would be the out for me. I want to see a bit more from Swinton. Two games back and has looked good but he's likely to go down or get suspended at any moment.

Amatosero in reality wasn't going to storm in the Wallabies. He's so young and is probably 1-2 seasons away from even being filled out.

Not sure about Porecki and a lot will depend on when he gets back on the field which is still TBC. Mafi at the Rebels has been pretty strong and good around the field.

Flook is a player that may sneak in as a Utility being able to play 11-15.