• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

I take the point as to whether Burgess should be available, but as to a & b

mate ... :rolleyes:
You're totally wrong. Burgess is very average. Has played about one decent test against the Poms in Perth. Can't pass can't kick. Probably lost his running game. Can't recall his running game doing much damage at test level in any event.

P

Paradox

I think only Kepu is a better TH scrummager than both but his work around the park has been shit this year.

Alexander got dished up by Healy in the WC but that's an experience in it's self and he'll be better for it. He has more Test runs on the board at TH than Slipper. Their work round the park is equal.

Fark you reinvent history. Kepu was was the weaker scrummager against the Irish in that world cup game. Read the match reports - I recall Bob Dwyer laying into him. Kepu also lost the test TH position last year to Alexander. Remember? When has OZ ever dominated anyone with Kepu?

Read this http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/why-ben-alexander-is-the-wallabies-scrums-best-hope/ and learn something.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fark you reinvent history. Kepu was was the weaker scrummager against the Irish in that world cup game.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Kepu gave away 3 penalties in 80 minutes playing LHP.

Alexander gave away 2 penalties in 62 minutes at THP before being subbed off according to ESPNScrum.

They both got schooled in that game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
But he's not in the 29

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now your just making numbers up.
wasn't it 26 to become 32 then back to 25 for a match day squad of 23.
or was it....?
F***ed if I know.
Whatever the number is,he is not in the published one, but he's in the secret one he whispers to big bad Bill in their catch ups.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fark you reinvent history. Kepu was was the weaker scrummager against the Irish in that world cup game. Read the match reports - I recall Bob Dwyer laying into him. Kepu also lost the test TH position last year to Alexander. Remember? When has OZ ever dominated anyone with Kepu?

Read this http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/why-ben-alexander-is-the-wallabies-scrums-best-hope/ and learn something.

So I'm reinventing history yet you're speaking of the LH Kepu.. I no nothing about the author of the article but they just said Kepu was physically the best TH. I just said I'd actually start Alexander because Kepu has been a liability around the park this year. Worse than Palmer.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
288946-israel-folau.jpg

How good is this image?? I remember seeing images of Dagg, Jane and Kahui doing these drills in the RWC. The All Blacks dominated the air against us in the semi, it was central to their win. God knows why it's taken us so long but I hope the other back 3 were doing the same.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Now your just making numbers up.
wasn't it 26 to become 32 then back to 25 for a match day squad of 23.
or was it..?
F***ed if I know.
Whatever the number is,he is not in the published one, but he's in the secret one he whispers to big bad Bill in their catch ups.
I think he's already picked 29: 3 dropped out of the original 26 and he added 3 (naturally in different positions from those who dropped out to avoid any working out the coded message) so there may only be 26 in the squad (leaving out invited selection certainties and spies) but 29 have been picked.
I don't know if this means a further 5, or was it 6, will be named or only 2 more will be named or whether the whole pantomime has been rewritten to accommodate new characters.
Maybe that's why Beale was in the old old kit: they've run out.
Anyway as I revealed earlier the correct number is, was and will always be 42. All else is folly.
Please try to keep up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scotty

David Codey (61)
25 to start.

Three injuries - Timani, higgers, Ioane - 22

Three replacements - Douglas, McCalman, Phipps - 25

But Ioane is training with the squad - 25.5

Timani was at the start of camp event with his hand in plaster - 26

Beale and white train with the team - 28

6 more to be added, likely including Beale and white - 32

Simple really

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You're totally wrong. Burgess is very average. Has played about one decent test against the Poms in Perth. Can't pass can't kick. Probably lost his running game. Can't recall his running game doing much damage at test level in any event.

Well we can agree to disagree, before he left he was the form 9 in the country, Genia wasn't playing well and every time he got on the field he did the business in that last season

Does he still have that level of form - dunno
Is it unreasonable to have a look at the guy - of course not

Lets see how he plays and decide based on that, not whether he plays for the ponies or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.