• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Alternate Strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kooga jerseys have been dire...

Nike and Adidas seem to make the best jerseys...

They just tend to be simple designs that work better...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This isn't too bad.

Attachments

• 6541.jpg
    6541.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 158

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I've been trying to find a pic of the 1995 RWC jersey we wore against Romania. It was Green and Gold hoops from memory. It was the best one we have had.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't really dig the hoops on the Wallaby jersey...

It just needs to be gold... with a little bit of green on there somewhere...

The Adidas kit, the 90's kit before reebok came alone, and the one we had in the early to mid 2000's before Canterbury came in with the mesh were the best ones...

Simple...

As for an alternative kit... I would just go for a mostly white, or mostly green alternative...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I reckon green and gold hoops work better when they're thin. Like Gordon.

And why can we not have GOLD instead of YELLOW?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Personally, I think hoops work the best when the shorts are a different colour...

Like Gordon, or Vikings etc

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is it just me or do the Adidas jerseys which the NZ Super teams play in have slightly longer sleeves?

It nearly makes it look more like a rugby jersey, and less like a tshirt...

I'm not going to be one of those people calling for bygone era kits but I think it's just a nice touch...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I reckon our current jersey is great- all gold, no bullshit. Or are we just talking about the alternate, which isn't THAT bad.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least it's not as bad as the shockers in the mungo sport...

It's hard to keep up when every team in the NRL seems to go through half a dozen different designs each season covered in advertising bumper stickers...

Status
Not open for further replies.