• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies: Latest Injuries and selection for Test 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
does anhbody know why slipper came off for robinson? is he injured ?
Deans said he did not think they had any injury concerns at the interview on Sunday morning though the ABC is reporting that they are monitoring AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s knee. That would suggest Slipper was not injured.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Slipper had some sort of injury at the time, it just wasn't serious.

He was slow to get up from a previous ruck, then received treatment when there was a break in play and them came off.

Considering Slipper only played 17 minutes I don't think it was a predetermined substitution.

If he'd had to play on I'm sure he would have but I'm guessing they were happier to bring back Robinson considering there were several reserves not used so they could bring back a prop who had already been replaced.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
He got shunted hard in the first scrum he packed. Might have injured himself there. Prefer him as a THP

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whatever happened he was looking mightily unhappy on the bench when he came off.........

convenient wisdom

Allen Oxlade (6)
Whatever happened he was looking mightily unhappy on the bench when he came off...
Thanks everybody for the info - I hope he is ok (if only for the reds v waratahs ). I thought that you could only bring back a substituted player if there was a genuine injury to a front rower, but the rules change so often, I may be wrong (not unusual).

Pusser

Larry Dwyer (12)
[quote="convenient wisdom, post: 507575, member: I thought that you could only bring back a substituted player if there was a genuine injury to a front rower, but the rules change so often, I may be wrong (not unusual).[/quote]

They are the rules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Might have to disagree with you there, Mr Jarse. Genia is the leader for the Wallabies unofficially. It was him who led out there in his play and decisions. e.g. in the replay he mouthed to Horwill to call for the scrum.

So did Mowen. Kev has his Brains Trust. Genia doesn't have a cool enough head to work over the referee or handle the players if a mistake is made (read: O'Connor kick out on the full). He's a brilliant mashaller (is that a word?) of the troops and gets them fired up but I think you need a calm and collected skip. That fits Mowen for me! In some ways hes a very similar style of skipper to Horwill. Good test material in my mind.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What position was GS training at: 6, 7, or 8?

follow on question - who were the other loosies?

T

Tight head Lion

I think 6. No scrums as yet
Hooper and Paulu.
Going through their calls now.
Yes this is a closed session but "friends" allowed to watch. No video allowed. Security everywhere. Perimeter even being patrolled.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Hooper and Paulu.
Yes this is a closed session but "friends" allowed to watch. No video allowed. Security everywhere. Perimeter even being patrolled.

Wouldn't make sense to me..... Mowen is the line out caller and the main target.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hooper and Paulu.

And was Mowen running with the reserves or was he sitting out training?

If he's sitting out training then he probably just has a knock. It would seem amazing to drop Mowen.

I'm guessing they're training for the likely replacement situation if Smith is on the bench and comes on later in the game at 6.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm guessing they're training for the likely replacement situation if Smith is on the bench and comes on later in the game at 6.

I'd imagine the likely replacement situation would be to replace Palu?

a) Palu's effective workrate decreases in the last 20 - supported by stats
b) If anything lineout possession in the later stages of the game is critical - Gill Match 2; Harrison 2001.

T

Tight head Lion

Mowen is not doing line outs stuff. He is sitting about 3 metres away chatting with a staff member. Back on the ground.

BTW. GAME now. Contest in on.

T

Tight head Lion

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372746191.834295.jpg
not the best but close.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd imagine the likely replacement situation would be to replace Palu?

a) Palu's effective workrate decreases in the last 20 - supported by stats
b) If anything lineout possession in the later stages of the game is critical - Gill Match 2; Harrison 2001.

Yeah, moving Mowen to 8 and taking Palu off is definitely the option when we run two 7s late in the game.

Maybe Mowen is just nursing a knock and taking it easy today. He is surely the starting 6 still.

T

Tight head Lion

Watch for a new move involving Israel. Doing it now. Works nicely.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Careful THL. The B&I Spies could be here.

Mind you a great opportunity to spread misinformation as well to really stuff with Gatland's mind.

What is that you say about Israel Folau jumping at the back of the lineout, with a throw off the top of the leap directly to George Smith at first receiver on the burst. They are practicing this move 15 metres out from the line you say. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.