• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies use of Cooper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Beale is a much better defender at 15 than at 10. Much like he is much better with the ball at 15.

I think if Quade gets hidden at all, it will be on JOC (James O'Connor)'s wing.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I have been particularly impressed this season with what the Crusaders do.
They have up to four players back and their counter-attacking is lethal.

Of course, leaving that many guys back means that there are less players in the line. But I am sure we can accommodate both Cooper and Beale dropped back when defending. They can both counter and we could create a hell of a lot of indecision in opposing teams with those guys back there. They may not want to kick for the fear of the counter.

Oh, and suggesting that JOC (James O'Connor) cant play 12 if Cooper is at 10 because he is a defensive liability suggests that someone doesnt know the strengths of these guys. JOC (James O'Connor) knows how to tackle. I am not concerned when I see players running at him.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
pick the best players in the team. JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) and Quade have been three of the very best players in the Super comp this year. They must all be in the wallabies.

Completely agree that pick the best players and then worry about strategical/structural arrangements.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Deans would be crazy not to play QC (Quade Cooper) as the 2nd line of defence, if Quade is only asked to make to 2-6 tackles per game that's a good thing & it's certainly worked for the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.