• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Argentina Sat 2 October CBus Stadium

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So this is a thing I don't get. Do you have to attempt to wrap both arms? He tried with his left....

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
haha, just like you’re quiet on every crooked throw he makes ;)
Yeah, that's right Adam. Just like I don't rave about the crooked throws by Kaitu'u or BPA or Uelese either. If you hadn't noticed, there are many here who are very quick to criticise the players they don't like but are absent with comment when said player does something good to exceptional. Maybe they would be better if they regarded the players as being Wallabies first and foremost rather than carrying on with their provincial hate or disrespect.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Nahhhh

and TMO agrees
Hmmm - actually from my understanding of the rules I’m with BR on this one.

I think it shows one of the problems with the rule, but he didn’t seem to wrap the right arm to me and, as I understood it, what he does with the left arm is irrelevant.

Glad he didn’t - it can be a fine line but I personally don’t think that sort of shot should be a penalty. But letting it go does seem inconsistent to me.

I didn’t hear what the video ref said. Did he think Tupou lifted his right enough, or did he say the wrapping of his left made it a legit tackle.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah, that's right Adam. Just like I don't rave about the crooked throws by Kaitu'u or BPA or Uelese either. If you hadn't noticed, there are many here who are very quick to criticise the players they don't like but are absent with comment when said player does something good to exceptional. Maybe they would be better if they regarded the players as being Wallabies first and foremost rather than carrying on with their provincial hate or disrespect.
see below for your comments last week :cool:
Two quite poor throws straight off by Kaitu'u. Haven't seen anything yet from him to suggest he is a step up from our other mainly ordinary hookers.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So this is a thing I don't get. Do you have to attempt to wrap both arms? He tried with his left....
I thought it was a requirement that the leading arm had to be attempting to wrap. Tupou's leading arm probably was his right because he hit the Argie with his right shoulder. His right arm was hanging loose behind his arse, so there was demonstrably no effort to wrap with it.

Would be interested in any Ref's opinion. Pfitzy?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
This has been a very unconvincing game. Pretty broken up pace but actually it feels like the Wallabies haven't really started the race yet.

We need to get going.

The lack of action through the centers and the locks needs to be addressed. Get back to the base game. Drive the pace to our needs.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Hmmm - actually from my understanding of the rules I’m with BR on this one.

I think it shows one of the problems with the rule, but he didn’t seem to wrap the right arm to me and, as I understood it, what he does with the left arm is irrelevant.

Glad he didn’t - it can be a fine line but I personally don’t think that sort of shot should be a penalty. But letting it go does seem inconsistent to me.

I didn’t hear what the video ref said. Did he think Tupou lifted his right enough, or did he say the wrapping of his left made it a legit tackle.
What he does with his left arm isn’t irrelevant and it’s why Koroibete was exonerated and why Swinton wasn’t further sanctioned. In slo mo it looks bad but it real time it looks like a tackle. One arm is always going to lead the other. No arms at all is a lost cause but if it looks like he’s attempting a tackle in real time the legals will win this one always.

Reactions: TSR

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I'm going to pay FF (Folau Fainga'a) there. Long throw good ball to #4. And worked well from there.

That try entirely started with a throw from FF (Folau Fainga'a) that was quality. DO another two in a row, bloke.