• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Argentina Sat 2 October CBus Stadium

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hmmm - actually from my understanding of the rules I’m with BR on this one.

I think it shows one of the problems with the rule, but he didn’t seem to wrap the right arm to me and, as I understood it, what he does with the left arm is irrelevant.

Glad he didn’t - it can be a fine line but I personally don’t think that sort of shot should be a penalty. But letting it go does seem inconsistent to me.

I didn’t hear what the video ref said. Did he think Tupou lifted his right enough, or did he say the wrapping of his left made it a legit tackle.

When the halfback looks up from 1m away, and steps and runs into that shoulder then the mitigating circumstances are on the attacking player IMO. Realistically if they actually examined every pick and go off the side of the ruck of where shoulders make contact with heads first, its going to be a nightmare to officiate, and as far as I’m aware is not a major source of concussions or neck injuries

Almost every pick and go from a ruck could be technically ruled a head high because of the height of the ball carrier and the reaction time available to the defender. Unless they force ball carriers to carry higher and greater space between attacker and defender its going to happen.

Reactions: TSR

dru

Tim Horan (67)
This is a new more driven Wallabies team. Took a while to wind up, but the play is getting exciting.