• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Argentina Sat 2 October CBus Stadium

Wilson

David Codey (61)
The Queensland Government has reduced the capacity to 75% due to COVID cases. Good luck to Rugby Australia (and the NRL) who now have to hustle and try to work out how not to let various ticket holders in.

No idea on what basis they refund various tickets.
I believe tickets were sold in stages such that they can cut back to various capacity limits on a first come first serve basis. There was something about this in the press conference, but ultimately it's something that is up to the stadiums to manage.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
ahah class play from Pablo.

whaaat? Nooo? I can’t come back to play again? I’ll have to stay in… Byron Bay and watch the game from the local pub? Ay Dios mio

Burleigh is better than Byron Bay these days. Everything is a sell out at Bryon these days, even the beer aka Stone and Wood......

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
Possibily to manage portion of the 75% based on which match the spectator wants to watch they may be able to at least switch crowds between the two matches not easy but at least an option to reduce crowd in more equitable fashion than random lottery

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Should I change it to Tasesa?
I can hear the good Dr Blundershart wincing from here.
1632968614330.png

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Queensland Government has reduced the capacity to 75% due to COVID cases. Good luck to Rugby Australia (and the NRL) who now have to hustle and try to work out how not to let various ticket holders in.

No idea on what basis they refund various tickets.
V'landys has said ARL will boot out Grand Final ticket holders on a "last to buy, first out" basis.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Possibily to manage portion of the 75% based on which match the spectator wants to watch they may be able to at least switch crowds between the two matches not easy but at least an option to reduce crowd in more equitable fashion than random lottery
I don't think that's really workable, particularily not at such late notice

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Have to say, this crowd reduction thing is one of the most idiotic initiatives I have seen during this whole covid debacle, and that’s saying a lot. If there’s going to be an outbreak, this is going to do precisely 2% of fuck all to stop it. Classic ‘be seen to be doing something’, that’s just going to unfairly upset 20k people over the weekend.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)

Wallabies team to play Argentina at Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast on Saturday 2 October, 5:05pm AEST

1. James Slipper (109 Tests)

2. Folau Fainga’a (20 Tests)

3. Taniela Tupou (34 Tests)

4. Izack Rodda (29 Tests)

5. Darcy Swain (8 Tests)

6. Pete Samu (14 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (114 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (13 Tests)

9. Nic White (42 Tests)

10. Quade Cooper (73 Tests)

11. Andrew Kellaway (8 Tests)

12. Samu Kerevi (37 Tests)

13. Len Ikitau (8 Tests)

14. Jordan Petaia (13 Tests)

15. Reece Hodge (52 Tests)

Replacements

16. Lachlan Lonergan (3 Tests)

17. Angus Bell (11 Tests)

18. Greg Holmes (27 Tests)

19. Matt Philip (18 Tests)

20. Sean McMahon (26 Tests)

21. Jake Gordon (9 Tests)

22. James O’Connor (56 Tests)

23. Tom Wright (5 Tests)

So Wright in 23 - Fullback trial in the last 20?