• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England in Melbourne, 18 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Lots of selection questions for the coaching team next week. Is Stephen Moore the best man to be captain? He seems to be penalised for stupid stuff and doesn't seem to have a great rapport with the referees.

I don't know how Rob Simmons is dropped on form, but Dean Mumm holds his spot. I'd also have to suggest that if form is the key indicator, names like Fardy, Foley, Kuridriani are in trouble for the third test.

T

TOCC

Phipps and Foley - utterly terrible. Sure Foley can run, but that is literally all he can do. He should never ever try and kick the ball, or pass it. He was terrible. Phipps sloppy passing, I never noticed how bad it actually was until tonight
Fardy - too many errors.
Kuridrani, Carter, McMahon, Horne, - Forgot they were even on the field.

That about sums it up...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don't know how Rob Simmons is dropped on form, but Dean Mumm holds his spot. I'd also have to suggest that if form is the key indicator, names like Fardy, Foley, Kuridriani are in trouble for the third test.

Fardy also did a lot of good things in that match...... was exceptional in the lineout...........

I'm pretty sure the whole team sucked and if we start getting rid of players that everyone has a beef with in this thread we'll be left with nobody.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
This was a torrid test. England have done very well post the world cup. We may have slipped a bit but that England team would make life tough for the AB.... I think we have to many like for like forwards. Does a Skelton needed to be added to this pack to add some impact. I think Frisby could have come on earlier. But we need the zip zip that a Beale gives us. Well done England. We did not lose this game. England won it.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Quali for the F1 and the 24 hrs of Le Mans race are on in about an hour and 1/2 an hour (I think?) respectively for anyone who has fox sports who wants to forget about that disgrace

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
as a neutral, I find it astonishing how AUS lost that. To me, England always looked on the brink of folding as soon as AUS spun the ball wide when they got quick ball from second or third phase. Phipps threw some absolute shockers, Foley had a very mixed bag, mixing the sublime with the shit, but he had to deal with some sub par service.

Thought the AUS lineout went pretty well, especially on ENG's throw.

Haskell apparently was reborn as a new human about two weeks ago.

England certainl looked a lot better than Wales, so wouldn't read much into that come TRC. ABs looked mostly shit, too (for about 90 minutes of their 160 so far).

Best of luck in that last game

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
England deserved the win tonight and the series. They've had a pretty decent group of players for a couple of years now. This years 6Ns grand slam has moulded them into a very good team.

Aus weren't great tonight. But they didn't get to the RWC final last year by luck. I think there's plenty from them to learn from the two tests so far. In the long run it might prove to be better than easily seeing off the NH challengers as in previous years.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
to be honest though, woukd it be hard to defend against a team that had no clue how to draw and pass?

There were so many chances tonight murdered by an early pass that allowed the English to drift.

These aussie players are quite simply unprofessional. They obviously read their own press, because they certainly don't practice.

Yeah, the OZ attack was screaming for someone to straighten in the midfield to draw in defenders and then unleash. Lots of one out stuff tonight.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
Foley had a shocker. Fardy was off tonight too. Taking the ball from a standing start will not get you over the gain line. Phipps starting bothers me too. Hard running with a clean offload in the tackle will get over the gain line and have the defense on the back foot all game. It's a tactic the AB's do well and it wins them games. Not sure why we can't do it.

Gill in for McMahon, unless the ARU and Cheika are still worried about egg on their face for letting a great player go.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
England deserved the win tonight and the series. They've had a pretty decent group of players for a couple of years now. This years 6Ns grand slam has moulded them into a very good team.

Aus weren't great tonight. But they didn't get to the RWC final last year by luck. I think there's plenty from them to learn from the two tests so far. In the long run it might prove to be better than easily seeing off the NH challengers as in previous years.
I wonder how lucky the Scotland supporters think the WC Australian team was ;)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Fardy also did a lot of good things in that match.. was exceptional in the lineout.....

I'm pretty sure the whole team sucked and if we start getting rid of players that everyone has a beef with in this thread we'll be left with nobody.

Nah that's 2 in a row from Fardy. He should be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.