• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England in Melbourne, 18 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
That is a high quality English team! As far as the Wallabies go Phipps' pass was woeful and Foley's decision making and execution was dreadful. The wallaby stand out players were Folau and Kerevi along with the double barrelled surnamed winger and Fardy for the first 60 minutes. Hooper put in a strong game but we need an 8 to cart it up rather than Hooper and Slipper. Horne adds nothing on the wing. Worst call of the night was taking Kerevi off - yes put LILO on but Foley was the man needing to be hooked!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Phipps and Foley - utterly terrible. Sure Foley can run, but that is literally all he can do. He should never ever try and kick the ball, or pass it. He was terrible. Phipps sloppy passing, I never noticed how bad it actually was until tonight
Fardy - too many errors.
Kuridrani, Carter, McMahon, Horne, Whole bloody team except maybe Kerevi - Forgot they were even on the field.
FTFY

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I can't be bothered saying anything too much about this shite.

1.The Wallabies have had more than enough ball to win two test matches.

2.The kicking from hand has again been F^%$^& abysmal. F^%$^& you ARU and Australian rugby coaches. It is a F%^%^%$$ skill that is required to be a complete team. F%$#$% idiots!!!

3.I won't even bother talking about selection and personnel. I doubt anybody else brings much more to the table.

4. Handling errors. Just school boy stuff. You'd think it was a basic skill of the game. Oh, wait who teaches that shit now....... Have I said F%$%^& idiots yet?

5. The Melbourne surface is an utter disgrace. That is just shit. I have seen school ovals prepared better. In fact I'd bet the oval in Broken Hill is better than that shit. Basically no major match should be held in Melbourne again until they provide a field that meets at least the basic standard. What an embarrassment.

6. Jourbert and Owens and whoever was the idiot in the TMO box. That was perhaps one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen. Just woeful. If that is the best you can do hand up the boots and whistle. Robshaw neck roll on Phipps doesn't even get him a talking to by the ref. refered to Hartley the dirtiest player since Richard Loe, as if he gives a shit. Played offside and gets the ABs special multiple warnings and to cap it off calls Foley for obstruction which was called up to start with for a shoulder charge by Farrell.

7. Next week, well Chieka should throw the baby out with the bathwater IMO and drop Moore and Fardy to start with. Try something different because no matter how you spin it, the Wallabies were not in it in fact I called the game to a mate at 30 minutes and it went to script. A one trick pony (as the Tahs showed in 2015) falls apart when its trick gets countered.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Foley had a shocker. Fardy was off tonight too. Taking the ball from a standing start will not get you over the gain line. Phipps starting bothers me too.

Gill in for McMahon, unless the ARU and Cheika are still worried about egg on their face for letting a great player go.

Gill left because of Graham

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Our halves certainly had poor games. Phipps probably should have been subbed sooner, as his passing was getting more and more ragged the more tired he got. Foley really does miss that second playmaker I think. His struggles with the boot are well documented as well. Hooper on the other hand was a colossus. The amount of hard dirty metres he got in close was monumental.

We've got some very hard selection decisions to make I think and also about our game plan. Eddie has out coached his mate here and that stings even more.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah, the OZ attack was screaming for someone to straighten in the midfield to draw in defenders and then unleash. Lots of one out stuff tonight.

Australia has been playing the same predictable, robotic style of footy for 15 years. Combine that with poor discipline and poor decision making and you're going to have a bad time.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't think I've seen a worse performance from an Australian team ever
It was no where near the worst I have seen. Not even in the worst 20.
Bit of an over reaction?

Should have taken the points on offer
Phipps threw some howlers at inopportune times
No direction in the midfield - Miss Beale and Gits
Rookie second row and a midget back row
Very poor handling at times
Wrong selection at 8

English defense and determination outstanding.
They fully deserve this win.

We will be back and probably with a different looking side in the RC

Congratulations England.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
The first 20 mins last week the wallabies over used the second man play in the backline but it was working well. Didn't see it once tonight?????

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That is a high quality English team! As far as the Wallabies go Phipps' pass was woeful and Foley's decision making and execution was dreadful. The wallaby stand out players were Folau and Kerevi along with the double barrelled surnamed winger and Fardy for the first 60 minutes. Hooper put in a strong game but we need an 8 to cart it up rather than Hooper and Slipper. Horne adds nothing on the wing. Worst call of the night was taking Kerevi off - yes put LILO on but Foley was the man needing to be hooked!

We should have beaten them.

I'm gonna say it - Cheiks is overrated. Had a cinderella season last year with the wallabies and this is the shit he serves up this year. Should never have let McKenzie quit DELETED - not going here again.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
And for everyone saying what a performance England made, just think how little they attacked, or really did. All they did was kick high balls and kick to the corners, defend well. VERY SIMPLE.

We can be beaten so easily or the opposition team needs to do is kick well.

Status
Not open for further replies.