• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Match stats suggest that we won all 10 of our lineout throws against Scotland in the quarter final (Mumm was only on the field for 15 minutes).

Against Argentina we won 12 of our 13 throws and Mumm played 13 minutes.

Are you sure you just don't like Mumm rather than actually having any particular evidence that he played poorly for the Wallabies last year?

Perhaps I have my matches mixed up but I distinctly remember losing 3 line outs in a row in a match when Mumm replaced Simmons. And then the same thing happening the week later.

I think he's a good player but was just not ready in time.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
5 days to go and looks like it'll be a good crowd, a lot better than the France game a couple of years back anyway. There's basically one end of the top level available and half of the top level of the eastern stand, combined with a small amount of lower level gold and platinum tix. Good sales this week should lead us to pretty close to sell out!!

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Perhaps I have my matches mixed up but I distinctly remember losing 3 line outs in a row in a match when Mumm replaced Simmons. And then the same thing happening the week later.

I think he's a good player but was just not ready in time.
He did sack a player in the air twice in a row in the red zone against Wales resulting in the yellow card.

T

Tip

JOC (James O'Connor) was completely at fault for our scrum disintegrating in the third test and Lilo getting knocked out in the first minute of the first test.

Deans should have known better.

Clearly the punters thought Cooper should have been picked at 10 but if you put yourself in Deans' shoes as having your job on the line and whether or not he reverts to a player that really hadn't worked out for him in the past at 10 in that situation. I think most people wouldn't have selected Cooper if they'd been in Deans' position.

I think most people would have selected the guy that performed exceptionally a week or two earlier in one of the greatest games of Rugby this century - against a full strength Lions team.

Deans hated Quade so much that he started acting like a young Quade himself. There's a reason Deans was sacked, and a reason that they started hunting for his replacement before the Lions series. It was clear to the ARU that Deans didn't have Australia's best interests at heart.

Instead he picked a bloke that had played only ever played wing for the Wallabies and wasn't even playing 10 domestically at the time(and had never really).

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
BH I'm certainly not attacking Mumm so please put the knives away. I think the game he played against the chiefs shows why he is in the squad he just wasn't putting in consistent enough performances for mine last year in gold.

This discussion is so irrelevant to this match though so I'm leaving it there.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wallabies starting XV according Eddie Jones:

15 Israel Folau
14 Taqele Naiyaravoro/Dane Haylett-Petty
13 Tevita Kuridrani
12 Christian Lealiifano
11 Rob Horne
10 Bernard Foley
9 Nick Phipps
8 David Pocock
7 Michael Hooper
6 Scott Fardy
5 Rob Simmons
4 James Horwill
3 Sekope Kepu
2 Stephen Moore (c)
1 Scott Sio

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think most people would have selected the guy that performed exceptionally a week or two earlier in one of the greatest games of Rugby this century - against a full strength Lions team.

Deans hated Quade so much that he started acting like a young Quade himself. There's a reason Deans was sacked, and a reason that they started hunting for his replacement before the Lions series. It was clear to the ARU that Deans didn't have Australia's best interests at heart.

Instead he picked a bloke that had played only ever played wing for the Wallabies and wasn't even playing 10 domestically at the time(and had never really).

Don't ever pick a player out of position, particularly for a test debut.
Deans should have been sacked many months before. It was only the head honchos ego that enabled Dingo to stay around for so long.

Reactions: Tip

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Deans was also the one who picked Jesse Mogg wasn't he? Or was that Mckenzie?

Either way that was a poor decision... even Jake White said that one day he will be a wallaby but he wasn't quite there yet.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Don't ever pick a player out of position, particularly for a test debut.
Deans should have been sacked many months before. It was only the head honchos ego that enabled Dingo to stay around for so long.

So what are you going to say in 4 days time when Cheika picks Folau at 12 ? ;)

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
So what are you going to say in 4 days time when Cheika picks Folau at 12 ? ;)

It will not happen. And Hunt will not be at 12 either.
We may see Folau at 13 every now and then but I doubt that's the number he will have on his back.

G

galumay

So Robbie Deans was never proven wrong with JOC (James O'Connor) at 10?

He wasnt proven wrong, because you have no way of knowing what the outcome would have been had he selected another player. Thats logic 101.

We can disagree with the selection, pass our opinion on what might have been a better selection, but its impossible to prove what an alternate outcome might have looked like. (without my time machine, and i just cant get the flux capacitor to fire.)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We should make this a Dean free zone.

Mention of either Dean Mumm or Robbie Deans only ends in tears.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting to see Joe Powell still in Wallabies camp today........

Edit: a few of the guys 'cut' from the squad still training with the team.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting to see Joe Powell still in Wallabies camp today....

Edit: a few of the guys 'cut' from the squad still training with the team.

I wonder if it's a case of you're no longer getting paid to be here but you can stay if you want?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Wallabies starting XV according Eddie Jones:

15 Israel Folau
14 Taqele Naiyaravoro/Dane Haylett-Petty
13 Tevita Kuridrani
12 Christian Lealiifano
11 Rob Horne
10 Bernard Foley
9 Nick Phipps
8 David Pocock
7 Michael Hooper
6 Scott Fardy
5 Rob Simmons
4 James Horwill
3 Sekope Kepu
2 Stephen Moore (c)
1 Scott Sio
DUH

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

Ignoring the conspiracy ravings, JOC (James O'Connor) had played an excellent pair of games at flyhalf for the Wallabies on the 2011 EOYT. He missed most of 2012 after being injured by Berrick Barnes, and was then playing 10 for the Rebels in 2013 (albeit badly.)

Christ, this is all very deja vu. Think the week without rugby is getting to all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.