• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

if its a girl, Fiona, try saying Fi Leali'ifano 3 times quickly!

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Sorry to interrupt the important "Pick the baby's name" game at the Baby Shower, but I found out that I have to be in Brisbane for work this weekend.

So now I am the excited owner of tickets to the game. Not only will it be my first time at a Wallabies v England game, it will be my first ever game at Suncorp. :)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry to interrupt the important "Pick the baby's name" game at the Baby Shower, but I found out that I have to be in Brisbane for work this weekend.

So now I am the excited owner of tickets to the game. Not only will it be my first time at a Wallabies v England game, it will be my first ever game at Suncorp. :)

You must be Happy.

T

Tip

Did Lealifano train with the team today? Hunt was meant to be back training today too.
I can't see Leali making the team if he's only got 3 days of good training before the game.

It'll be interesting to see whether Cheika is sold on dual playmakers (Hunt, Hodge) or goes with Crash&Bash (Kerevi/Kuridrani, Kuridrani/Folau)

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Anyone else see the Eddie Jones profile in the SmH magazine?

Few interesting points from him about different countries approach to conflict - England at the Japanese end of the scale doing it behind closed doors v Australians who do it all out in the open. Same for the outward respect for authority.

It was also pretty clear that Eddie leaves you in no doubt what he thinks of you - and not every players responds well to this approach

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
1150_lg_mag.jpg

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It was also pretty clear that Eddie leaves you in no doubt what he thinks of you - and not every players responds well to this approach

Nothing wrong with that at an individual level, if it happens in private.

There's an old management truism: praise in public, criticise in private.

On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with open criticism of the group, within reason. Too much unfounded and/unconstructive criticism is totally counter productive.

If a player or a group is not performing, it is the coach's job to work on ways to improve performance.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Anyone else see the Eddie Jones profile in the SmH magazine?

Few interesting points from him about different countries approach to conflict - England at the Japanese end of the scale doing it behind closed doors v Australians who do it all out in the open. Same for the outward respect for authority.

Yeah Eddie's previous coaching stints are living proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.