• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
FWIW I really enjoy the banter and espionage stuff that happens when we play the soap dodgers.

They say familiarity breeds contempt. I'm not contemptuous of the ABs but there isn't the same level of narkiness as when the poms are in town.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
I had to laugh when Moore had a go at Green and Gold Rugby for the use of the word 'arrogance'. And then proceeded to write a column in which he bagged an Australian customs officials for having the temerity to check an Englishman's bag....which turned out to contain undeclared items. I mean, how very dare a colonial apply the law to an Englishman?

The strange thing about Moore is that he seems quite an intelligent, reasonable guy when he writes or speaks about anything...apart from Australia. He's just got something against us.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I particularly liked Moore trying to say that because he is a solicitor and three other players from the B&I Lions tour fight were Police that this somehow made them unlikely to commit nefarious deeds. He will soon find (if it is different in England, which I doubt) that Solicitors and other practioners of the law are ranked fairly lowly on the trustability index and cops weren't named "wallopers" back then for nothing.

Poor Brian may need some serious conselling over the Damage Gagger's article has done to him.

Last thing of interest there is a video interview between Campo and Moore doing the rounds where Brian tries to justify Marler's "clearly illegal" (his actual words) angles but says they had no material effect on how England drove forward at the scrum. Got to love it, since Marler didn't use the angles to drive the scrum forward but to twist it and win the penalties. When Campo asked him why nobody had picked Marler up on it before his very lame and lets move on quickly response was "I don't know, but that isn't the point, those angles didn't benefit the England scrum driving forward."

Poor Brian, Gagger you broke his brain.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I particularly liked Moore trying to say that because he is a solicitor and three other players from the B&I Lions tour fight were Police that this somehow made them unlikely to commit nefarious deeds. He will soon find (if it is different in England, which I doubt) that Solicitors and other practioners of the law are ranked fairly lowly on the trustability index and cops weren't named "wallopers" back then for nothing.
I know a bloke who used to be a cop. Very untrustworthy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maybe Moore should have a look at his mate, Stephen "Walrusface" Jones if he wants lazy, reflex, inaccurate use of English:

walrus.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
If the average English pundit and fan really believes that tripe from Jones then they are giant fucking hypocrites. Can anybody say expat Saffers and Islanders? But nobody in the UK even mentioned it when I was over there for the RWC last year.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Still no sign of Lilo at training..right?
So who get's the nod?

I said it previously Israel Folau will play at 12. Hodge is the front runner for the wing position. Taqele and Morahan seem to be battling for that position as well. Kerevi is seen as a 13 and is battling it out with Kuridrani.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I said it previously Israel Folau will play at 12. Hodge is the front runner for the wing position. Taqele and Morahan seem to be battling for that position as well. Kerevi is seen as a 13 and is battling it out with Kuridrani.

Are you watching them train?
It would be a huge surprise if we played so many debutants and people out of position.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
11 Morahan
12 Hodge
13 Folau
14 Horne
15 DHP

Yeah I'm something similar.
We could see 12 Folau, 13 Kurindani - but I'd like to see Folua play 12 befor selecting him there.

If Foley is injured who switches to 10?
I think Hodge is the only remaining player in the squad who can actually say he's played allot of 10, and a kicker is also required if Foley goes off.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah I'm something similar.
We could see 12 Folau, 13 Kurindani - but I'd like to see Folua play 12 befor selecting him there.

If Foley is injured who switches to 10?
I think Hodge is the only remaining player in the squad who can actually say he's played allot of 10, and a kicker is also required if Foley goes off.
Surely Lilo will be on the bench straight from the hospital if required.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
11 Morahan
12 Hodge
13 Folau
14 Horne
15 DHP

Wow. If Hodge and Moz and DHP as a starting threesome. Talk about high risk in a first Test v England. Moz can have wonderful moments - viz v BIL for Reds in 2013 - but they're well interspersed with defensive shockers and handling flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.