• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Paris, Sun 6th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Our bench props may struggle. Hopefully TT comes to the party. I would start FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) with him to add a little weight and bring Porecki on early in the second half.

If Fainga'a is a bigger and better scrummager wouldn't it make sense to finish the game with him to support our reserve props who we are a bit worried about?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wonder if BPA is considering a Test switch, I really can’t fathom not calling him up especially since we’re only using 2 overseas slots.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Overthrows usually a lifter/jumper issue or at least partially

I suspect Porecki had some responsibility with that one. Still we won 15/16 of our own line out. Sorry BR but I don't think the performance for thei last 20 mins shows Fainga'a as equitable to Porecki in the lineout. I think you may find the performance in the first half led to fewer contested line outs in the second half. Fainga'a looks good from the bench. Unless BPA returns and is in form. Madness to swap out Porecki short of injury.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wonder if BPA is considering a Test switch, I really can’t fathom not calling him up especially since we’re only using 2 overseas slots.
I dont see him bringing as much as either FF (Folau Fainga'a) or Porecki. He was serviceable in his last year but not outstanding by any means. In a crisis they may call on him but now with Latu in Oz I imagine that he will be looked at as an option first as a back up if needed. There is also Lonergan, Pollard and maybe one or two others.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I feel like he has the edge on everyone; he's the most-rounded package. Physical, decent thrower, good over the ball, decent carrier.

Playing the Top 14 only progresses a tight 5 player's career from everything I've seen from Aus players going over there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Near full strength side. Baille and Ntamack starting with almost no game time of late, hoping they’re rusty.
1667474070396.png

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently the team has leaked although not official on Wallabies socials.

Wallabies: 15 Jock Campbell, 14 Andrew Kellaway, 13 Len Ikitau, 12 Lalakai Foketi, 11 Tom Wright, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nic White, 8 Rob Valetini, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Jed Holloway, 5 Cadeyrn Neville, 4 Nick Frost, 3 Taniela Tupou, 2 David Porecki, 1 James Slipper (captain).
Replacements: 16 Folau Fainga’a, 17 Matt Gibbon, 18 Tom Robertson, 19 Will Skelton, 20 Pete Samu, 21 Jake Gordon, 22 Hunter Paisami, 23 Reece Hodge.

McDermott out of the 23 now completely. Rennie's done it again with the 9s.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I don't mind that side. I like the backline a hell of a lot more.

Not sure about dropping Tate. He seems like the perfect bench impact player. Those sniping runs are a point of difference.

Looking forward to Skelton from the bench, hope he get a sold amount of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.