• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Sun 20th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
1. Slips
2. Porecki
3. Thor
4. Swain
5. Neville
6. Holloway
7. Hooper
8. Valentini
9. White
10. Foley
11. Wright
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Kellaway
15. Campbell

16. FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a)
17. Gibbon
18. 7A's
19. Skelton
20. Samu
21. Petaia
22. McDermott
23. Hodge

If Campbell's out Hodge to start and I dunno Hanigan to the bench.
No way Skelton can be dropped, he was the one highlight from that game and he is not available next week

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
No way Skelton can be dropped, he was the one highlight from that game and he is not available next week
I didn't drop him, he's on the bench.. don't think he proved to me that he was so much better in the Italy game than Neville in the french game at starting. He still makes our side a little less balanced.

But it's only my thoughts, and you can pick him to start. :)

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't drop him, he's on the bench.. don't think he proved to me that he was so much better in the Italy game than Neville in the french game at starting. He still makes our side a little less balanced.

But it's only my thoughts, and you can pick him to start. :)

Well the balance of the team to begin with is well unbalanced. I think you need Skelton there unless you want Valetini being the sole ball runner to get over the gain line.

I think you at least need to start one of Tupou and Skelton to add the right balance.

Although then you got issues with the line-out, so I guess it all depends where you want that 'balance'.

It will help once Kerevi and Koro return. Would be nice to have some more forwards who can actually make metres though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If they're going with:

4. Frost/Swain/Neville
5. Skelton
6. Holloway
8. Valetini

19. Frost/Swain/Neville
20. Samu

You've got plenty of lineout options IMO.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would like to see all of the ball runners on from the start. That would mean Tupou, Skelton and Valetini all starting.

It would also be useful if Frost was given a different role to take advantage of his surprising pace a little wider of the ruck area. Finish the game in the last 30 minutes, not 5, with Valetini, Holloway, Frost and Samu. Should give enough go forward as the defence tires.

Unfortunately, can't see a win while we have no imagination or creativity in our backline attack.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
If they're going with:

4. Frost/Swain/Neville
5. Skelton
6. Holloway
8. Valetini

19. Frost/Swain/Neville
20. Samu

You've got plenty of lineout options IMO.

Well Valetini is rarely used so not sure he's a great option. Samu lacks height and Skelton obviously can't jump quickly because of his size.

So you only ever have 2 primary jumpers and the 3rd or 4th options are significantly less effective.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well the balance of the team to begin with is well unbalanced. I think you need Skelton there unless you want Valetini being the sole ball runner to get over the gain line.

I think you at least need to start one of Tupou and Skelton to add the right balance.

Although then you got issues with the line-out, so I guess it all depends where you want that 'balance'.

It will help once Kerevi and Koro return. Would be nice to have some more forwards who can actually make metres though.

That is a fundamentally constricted view of “balance”. Before hitting it up we need to have the ball. For balance start with the set piece. Anything more in the tight 5 is a bonus.

Tazzmania

Ted Thorn (20)
If the hookers can't throw straight it doesn't matter how many lineout jumpers we have.
The hookers seem to be getting the brunt of the blame, has anyone thought it may be the lineout caller or even the locks not jumping or being correctly supported / lifted when they should be, especially as most hookers now tend to spin the ball in for an advantage ?

Just a thought !

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Currently there is not one Wallabies in any position I would pick ahead of there opposite number in the Irish side.

Can't say that has even been the case before.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well Valetini is rarely used so not sure he's a great option. Samu lacks height and Skelton obviously can't jump quickly because of his size.

So you only ever have 2 primary jumpers and the 3rd or 4th options are significantly less effective.

I’d say he’s taken enough lineouts this year, particular jumping at the back, to be considered a legitimate 3rd/4th option…

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
The backline desperately needs more size, especially as Foley, Paisami are likely to start and there's no Kerevi.

1. Slipper
2. Porecki
3. AAA
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Holloway
7. Hooper
8. Valentini
9. White
10. Foley
11. Wright
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Kellaway

16. Fainga'a
17. Gibbon
18. Tupou
19. Neville
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. Hodge
23. Petaia

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The hookers seem to be getting the brunt of the blame, has anyone thought it may be the lineout caller or even the locks not jumping or being correctly supported / lifted when they should be, especially as most hookers now tend to spin the ball in for an advantage ?

Just a thought !

There certainly have been issues in organisation at the line out, but when a throw goes silly long, or to the outside shoulder, or to the chest, there is nothing to discuss but the throw. Once Porecki is off the field this is the starting problem. Get past that and you may well be right with other matters to come.

With Hanigan calling, and Neville/Frost in the row, most of that shite was resolved. When Porecki is on the field. Our transition to Skelton starting hasn't actually been as shaky as I thought it could have been, but it needs a jumping blindside breakaway. A tall one. And someone calling it that isn't in the row.

Our problems start with the hooker. And build if we want Skelton on the field.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

I started Thor :)

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I’d say he’s taken enough lineouts this year, particular jumping at the back, to be considered a legitimate 3rd/4th option…
I was surprised that Skelton didn't do more lifting of Swain in the Italian game. Several times he did the lineout dance but didn't lift, I can't see any advantages in doing that. Skelton could have put Swain above any jumper. We are back to normal, if that is what we call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.