• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Sun 20th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
last 4 games
Porecki has played 3
Lineouts won 20, lost 4. PK conceeded 6. YC 1, missed tackles 4
Fainga'a played 4
Lineouts won 20, lost 3. PK Conceeded 1, YC 1, missed tackles 1

I just cant see why people love Porecki so much... and why there is such hate on Fainga'a
Agreed. I also think that Fainga'a has been more effective around the paddock and adds weight at scrum time.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
It does somewhat vindicate both JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Lolesio a bit...

Some snippets:
It's a great analysis. But why are they doing it? Surely it's not just a lack of trust in the 10? Foley, Lolesio, and JOC (James O'Connor) have all shown themselves to at least be capable of running set plays, and plenty more when the opportunity arises. Why sideline them completely? I thought Weismantel was supposed to be a guru on attack? Holding it all off until 2023? jokes

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
you mean when he is on the field... seems out of his control.

stats are Porecki is performing worse in key areas lineout and discipline.

Well it's not always the last 5minutes that was just one example of the added pressure.

None of those stats show the the reason for the line-out losses. It's not always the Hookers fault. I think it is very clear that Fainga struggles with his line-out throwing, Porecki is much better in this department.

Although I do agree with some of your arguments. The perception Porecki is well disciplined looks incorrect, and Fainga's ill discipline over-blown.

I like Fainga much better around the park too. He probably has the best body height into contact in the team, it's no wonder he finds his way to the try line often.

One thing your stats won't change my mind on, is that Fainga has issues with this line-out throwing.

Reactions: dru

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Well it's not always the last 5minutes that was just one example of the added pressure.

None of those stats show the the reason for the line-out losses. It's not always the Hookers fault. I think it is very clear that Fainga struggles with his line-out throwing, Porecki is much better in this department.

Although I do agree with some of your arguments. The perception Porecki is well disciplined looks incorrect, and Fainga's ill discipline over-blown.

I like Fainga much better around the park too. He probably has the best body height into contact in the team, it's no wonder he finds his way to the try line often.

One thing your stats won't change my mind on, is that Fainga has issues with this line-out throwing.
2 of his 3 missed lineouts were timing. not bad throws
1 against france was rather dubious at best also.

i dont know which i prefer. im just pointing out that FF (Folau Fainga'a) is marked very harshly in this place for things he does less of tha DP who is lauded in most chats

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It's a great analysis. But why are they doing it? Surely it's not just a lack of trust in the 10? Foley, Lolesio, and JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) have all shown themselves to at least be capable of running set plays, and plenty more when the opportunity arises. Why sideline them completely? I thought Weismantel was supposed to be a guru on attack? Holding it all off until 2023? jokes

Maybe they are giving Noah/JOC (James O'Connor)/Foley complete control to call the play, and they are just less likely to call the play to themselves.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
2 of his 3 missed lineouts were timing. not bad throws
1 against france was rather dubious at best also.

i dont know which i prefer. im just pointing out that FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) is marked very harshly in this place for things he does less of tha DP who is lauded in most chats

Perception is key. Plus Fainga's personality doesn't help, always in the middle of niggle, backchat, and ref's giving him warnings.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
for what its worth my team is as follows. wont look like this im sure

Slipper
Fainga'a
AA
Frost
Skelton
Holloway
Hooper
Bobby V
White
Lolesio
Kellaway
Paisami
Ikitau
Petaia
Banks

Porecki
Gibbon
Thor
Neville
Samu
McDermott
Donaldson
Campbell

Time to get some of the kids in

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
last 4 games
Porecki has played 3
Lineouts won 20, lost 4. PK conceeded 6. YC 1, missed tackles 4
Fainga'a played 4
Lineouts won 20, lost 3. PK Conceeded 1, YC 1, missed tackles 1

I just cant see why people love Porecki so much... and why there is such hate on Fainga'a

Where are these stats from out of interest?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It does somewhat vindicate both JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) and Lolesio a bit...

Some snippets:
An entirely uncoached team just playing to the basics of their role would probably net better outcomes than the current coaching setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.