• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Sun 20th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't reviewed the lost lineouts on a case by case basis but my perception would be that Fainga'a has stuffed up a couple of attacking lineouts inside the 22 or 10m line with a not straight throw that haven't been contested. These are absolute killers.

All lineout wins and losses are not created equal.

I don't think the perception is wrong that our lineout is better with Porecki throwing.

Fainga'a has probably had his best year as a Wallaby though. Some of his performances around the field have been really great.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I haven't reviewed the lost lineouts on a case by case basis but my perception would be that Fainga'a has stuffed up a couple of attacking lineouts inside the 22 or 10m line with a not straight throw that haven't been contested. These are absolute killers.

All lineout wins and losses are not created equal.

I don't think the perception is wrong that our lineout is better with Porecki throwing.

Fainga'a has probably had his best year as a Wallaby though. Some of his performances around the field have been really great.
We’ll have to disagree here

his last 3 misses come to two timing issues (jumper early or late) and one dubious call against France. That’s the total of his missed lineouts in the last 4 tests.

there also needs to be more accountability on our callers. The amount of time we throw to a double contested location in the lineout blows my mind. Surely we are better at creating space than that

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
last 4 games
Porecki has played 3
Lineouts won 20, lost 4. PK conceeded 6. YC 1, missed tackles 4
Fainga'a played 4
Lineouts won 20, lost 3. PK Conceeded 1, YC 1, missed tackles 1

I just cant see why people love Porecki so much... and why there is such hate on Fainga'a
Attitude I'm afraid. FF (Folau Fainga'a) needs to calm down some of his off the ball shit.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
We’ll have to disagree here

his last 3 misses come to two timing issues (jumper early or late) and one dubious call against France. That’s the total of his missed lineouts in the last 4 tests.

there also needs to be more accountability on our callers. The amount of time we throw to a double contested location in the lineout blows my mind. Surely we are better at creating space than that

I'm reasonably sure that one of those three throws was to the jumper's outside shoulder.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Attitude I'm afraid. FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) needs to calm down some of his off the ball shit.
By the same token he is the bloke that can score a try when there does not appear to be one there and also has good hands and vision.
Swings and roundabouts. He has improved a lot since in the last few seasons. I’d start him to get ascendancy at the scrum and in the tight then bring Porecki on to finish.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I can't see Wallabies beating the mighty Irish team without Kerevi and Koroibete, they are the cornerstones of the backline.

They are the only Aussie (or Fijians) backs who could make the starter backline of any Top nation

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I can't see Wallabies beating the mighty Irish team without Kerevi and Koroibete, they are the cornerstones of the backline.

They are the only Aussie (or Fijians) backs who could make the starter backline of any Top nation
I think White would be in with a shout for quite a few countries.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not any of the top 5.

All this hooker talk, I still can't work out why Rennie has not given Uelese a shot at all.

Should have at least been involved in some of the Australia A stuff this year.
England or SA? I reckon he'd be up there.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
That was an eye-opener, thanks DC.
We need to put a total focus on what 10 stocks we have and work with them rather than let them loose against a top-tier nation and then dump them as useless.
It always surprised me that Lolesio was the appointed one when we had Edmem, Donaldson and Harrison to look at. Having said that, why not give Lolesio a game plan where he can show if he has it or not, he strikes me as the kind of young rugby player who will do what he's told, which is a pity.
I would be looking to put some effort into Carter Gordon and put all sorts of demands on him this Super Rugby season ie 'you show us you can control the game against the Kiwi's and we'll give you a go.'

We must make the most of what we have and atm we have not. Bringing on Donaldson with 5 mins left shows that Rennie hasn't a clue regarding player management. It is so bad an evil mind could suspect McKellar of planning the demise of Rennie, except a total failure, would swamp him as well as anyone associated with Wallabies.

We ain't got the finest bunch of players on the planet but they could make a decent fist of it with a tight game plan, strong D and some straight forward attack.
For fuck sakes my dude, no one wants to fucking lose. And if you ever listen to any of the coaches you'd know they are men of character who don't act like that..

Pull your head in

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought
Not any of the top 5.

All this hooker talk, I still can't work out why Rennie has not given Uelese a shot at all.

Should have at least been involved in some of the Australia A stuff this year.

Because Uelese’s throws are consistently terrible. He’d be the worse in the Oz super rugby teams wouldn’t he?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

SMH have Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) starting on the wing, and either Kellaway/Wright other wing and Campbell/Kellaway at full back
I wonder if Campbell is suffering the effects of concussion after his head knock last week, and Banks still not fit from his ankle injury. If that's the case, then probably Kellaway to 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.