• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Ireland, Sun 20th Nov 7am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought

Because Uelese’s throws are consistently terrible. He’d be the worse in the Oz super rugby teams wouldn’t he?
Thats harsh. He is no worse than Porecki and FF (Folau Fainga'a) in that respect. I think its his fitness level. He seems to struggle there a bit

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought

Because Uelese’s throws are consistently terrible. He’d be the worse in the Oz super rugby teams wouldn’t he?
I think Uelese’s throws were some of the worst I witnessed in QPR this season and that's being compared to amateurs. He wasn’t even the best lineout thrower at Wests, I don’t know how he could be considered a chance of Test selection.

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I wouldn't pick him ahead of any English at the moment.

Maybe at 10 for the Boks, don't rate him ahead of Faf
Eh Faf is terribly overrated. The English fly halves aren't much chop either. Although that JvP kid looks half decent.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
There is a great opportunity for Latu next year. He needs to keep his nose clean and play well consistently. He is excellent over the ball and his set piece is solid.
Agree. Latu could easily become the Wallabies starting Hooker if he has a clean season next year.

God, the thought of Latu and Swain in the same pack is a potential disaster. Get Swinton in there as well.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) IMO is better than Porecki. Porecki is always trying his guts out, but I just think he's at capacity where FF (Folau Fainga'a) seems to be able to do that bit extra whether it be a pass, big shot etc. Porecki may take more runs as has been said but he seems to get met at the line and put backwards more often than not.

Some people have mentioned Uelese name in here. Besides his lack of throwing ability and propensity for injury I think it's been said that he intends to play for Samoa?? Could be wrong there.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
For fuck sakes my dude, no one wants to fucking lose. And if you ever listen to any of the coaches you'd know they are men of character who don't act like that..

Pull your head in
And you know how many? You are talking like someone who walks into things with his eyes closed but full of false confidence..
Rather than pull your head in, open your eyes to what we are facing.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
And you know how many? You are talking like someone who walks into things with his eyes closed but full of false confidence..
Rather than pull your head in, open your eyes to what we are facing.
Seriously, you think Mckellar is sabotaging Rennie... it was a stupid comment. You should probably open your eyes as well, and I've meet Dan a few times and know Laurie well... and I'm also friends with people who are really good friends with both of them who would voucher for their character. E.g. Not trying to sabotage Australian Rugby..

You can dislike them, go for it think there bad coaches, but saying they would do something to harm Australian rugby is bang out of order

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Seriously, you think Mckellar is sabotaging Rennie... it was a stupid comment. You should probably open your eyes as well, and I've meet Dan a few times and know Laurie well... and I'm also friends with people who are really good friends with both of them who would voucher for their character. E.g. Not trying to sabotage Australian Rugby..

You can dislike them, go for it think there bad coaches, but saying they would do something to harm Australian rugby is bang out of order
Seriously! you didn't read what I wrote.
"It is so bad an evil mind could suspect McKellar of planning the demise of Rennie, except a total failure, would swamp him as well as anyone associated with Wallabies."

Don't fire a gun until you put bullets in it.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I wouldn't say evil...

Dumb... delusional... dopey... daft?
McKellar? I don't agree with that, He has always struck me as a smart guy but I don't think he has done himself any favours as forwards coach of the Wallabies.
So, do you believe that McKellar should take over the wallabies after Rennie?

BTW This is the lowest point I can remember, in terms of results for the Wallabies, since the mid 70's

Last edited:

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Seriously! you didn't read what I wrote.
"It is so bad an evil mind could suspect McKellar of planning the demise of Rennie, except a total failure, would swamp him as well as anyone associated with Wallabies."

Don't fire a gun until you put bullets in it.
You implied it. Stupid Comment enough said

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you think that is an implication you must live in a twisted world of conspiracy theories.
So what was the point of the post? Stir up the "too many brumbies" fans? Surely none of us here have "an evil mind" that are contemplating that McKellar is plotting a coup by throwing the games?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well, my Football teams are drawing closer together (Penrith Emus & Wobs) - maybe things will get so bad the Wallabies will be kicked out of the comp. (I must be doubly stupid to follow such teams).
I had a bit to do with the Emu's about 10 years ago. They had a good season when Darren Coleman coached them for one season. Shows what a good coach can do and he's done it a few times.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
McKellar? I don't agree with that, He has always struck me as a smart guy but I don't think he has done himself any favours as forwards coach of the Wallabies.
So, do you believe that McKellar should take over the wallabies after Rennie?

BTW This is the lowest point I can remember, in terms of results for the Wallabies, since the mid 70's
Nah, but could soon be. Apparently Rennie has won 3 from 12 matches in succession while Cheika had a period of 3 from 13. A loss to Ireland will be the equal low point while it would be worse with a loss to Wales as well.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Agree. Latu could easily become the Wallabies starting Hooker if he has a clean season next year.

God, the thought of Latu and Swain in the same pack is a potential disaster. Get Swinton in there as well.

FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) IMO is better than Porecki. Porecki is always trying his guts out, but I just think he's at capacity where FF (Folau Fainga'a) (Folau Fainga'a) seems to be able to do that bit extra whether it be a pass, big shot etc. Porecki may take more runs as has been said but he seems to get met at the line and put backwards more often than not.

Some people have mentioned Uelese name in here. Besides his lack of throwing ability and propensity for injury I think it's been said that he intends to play for Samoa?? Could be wrong there.
Porecki is the most likely to chuck the ball accurately, the rest are more useful around the field

We need a functioning lineout above all, it is the cornerstone of leveraging penalties

Every other option needs to spend the summer getting better at that core skill, I remember the story of Hooper doing extras with Latu after each training

I actually think it is a lot about attitude and fitness. Like a batsman in cricket, they sprint and then have to be fit enough to drag that heart beat down and get the job done

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Well, my Football teams are drawing closer together (Penrith Emus & Wobs) - maybe things will get so bad the Wallabies will be kicked out of the comp. (I must be doubly stupid to follow such teams).
They get kicked out, then I'd like to see them join the JID John. We'd get to see the Emus take on the Wallabies in what should be an epic match.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Porecki is the most likely to chuck the ball accurately, the rest are more useful around the field

We need a functioning lineout above all, it is the cornerstone of leveraging penalties

Every other option needs to spend the summer getting better at that core skill, I remember the story of Hooper doing extras with Latu after each training

I actually think it is a lot about attitude and fitness. Like a batsman in cricket, they sprint and then have to be fit enough to drag that heart beat down and get the job done
statistically he's not though

Status
Not open for further replies.