• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy, Florence, Sun 13th Nov 12am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I’m going to break my own protocol.

We are a bit light on at 10 and the midfield. Elsewhere our stocks have never been stronger. We don’t have a Burke, Horan or Eales but our B team should be flogging Italy.

We have the cattle but are poorly coached. Rennie has the worst record of any Wallabies coach ever. BR dedicated 5 years of his life trying to get rid of Cheika for having a far superior record to these clowns. I’m dedicating 3 minutes.

Unfortunately Wamberal will be right.

Over.

Sorry but I think this lose proved your statement wrong "elsewhere our stocks have never been stronger".

There is such misconception in our depth. Take our 9's. Meant to be our position with the most depth but White, Tate and Gordon underperform regularly. Likewise at lock. Even at 7 with Hooper, McReight and Samu. These guys have had 1 or two good games this season but don't have the consistency to call themselves world class.

Who of our team could make the Ireland, France, NZ, SA or even England squads.

Basically, we have no world-class players anymore. Just a heaps who are average or capable at test level and might have the odd good test.

Clubhouse coach

Sydney Middleton (9)
Parts of the game last night reminded me of how we played under Chieka, Gordon and Robertson giving away dumb off the ball penalties, not clearing the ball out of our twenty two urgently enough and giving away three points.
We are now, and have been for a while, that team that can score points but if the opposition is patient enough we will make a basic mistake or give away a penalty to keep opposition sides in the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They are actually. I was consistently Distinction + in econometrics without even studying. I’m not sure what statistic you are referring to but feel free to throw it at me.

The ol’ Wallabies can only be successful with an Australian coach mantra, which is not only a ridiculously backwards statement in the modern era, but historically not true…

Maybe the Wallabies can only be successful if they have looose fitting jerseys?

Or coaches with a three letter first name?

Or maybe XXXX need to get back on board?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Not surprisingly I think you’ve misread it.

Giving someone a game to prove themselves in the top side is one thing. Throwing them to the wolves is another. If you want to give McReight a real chance to stake his claim then don’t put him with Samu and Hanigan. Two ineffective players at the break down (Samu good as 7 when the balance of the back row is fine but he was missing in action last night as an 8).

Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) and Wright are the same player. High risk. Don’t pick both and expect them to ‘make your case’. Especially when the 15 is another rookie who has been sick all week (out of the coaches control that one). When you’re relying on Wright to be your experienced head in the back 3, that’s trouble. I’d say he’s played more footy this year than Kellaway. Kel should have played.

To have a rookie 10 as the back up to the 10 we have completely mind fucked for the last 12 months was just dumb.

The balance of this side was terrible. That’s down to the coaches.

That's a weird defence for why McReight was average. He had his chance and he didn't fire. Can't be blaming Samu and Hanigan for that.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
He wasn't big enough. A bunch of times he got outmuscled over the ruck. He's good for a pilfer, but we need more for a Wallabies 7. Until Charlie Gamble is eligible, I think Hooper should start every game.
Disagree, at least he is over the pilfer, Hooper rarely gets over the ball. Hooper's strength is in fixing problems in the D , cleaning up after others stuff ups and linking is where his speed and skill set works. Forget him at the breakdown it has never been his forte and never will be.
McRights strength is his breakdown work but he can't do it on his own our pack are according to someone here, running in channels and the Italians were attacking the breakdown in 3's or Pods as they used to be. Same deal with the Scots and we all saw the difference in outcome of the BD.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Sorry but I think this lose proved your statement wrong "elsewhere our stocks have never been stronger".

There is such misconception in our depth. Take our 9's. Meant to be our position with the most depth but White, Tate and Gordon underperform regularly. Likewise at lock. Even at 7 with Hooper, McReight and Samu. These guys have had 1 or two good games this season but don't have the consistency to call themselves world class.

Who of our team could make the Ireland, France, NZ, SA or even England squads.

Basically, we have no world-class players anymore. Just a heaps who are average or capable at test level and might have the odd good test.
Hated the post Viking because it is the raw truth.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The ol’ Wallabies can only be successful with an Australian coach mantra, which is not only a ridiculously backwards statement in the modern era, but historically not true…

Ok I made a joke earlier about some old timers who are still around, but you didn’t reference that in your post. I didn’t say they have to be Australian, I said they have to be passionate about Australian rugby, and I’ll stand by that. More specifically they need to be passionate about the Wallabies succeeding. Rennie ticks no boxes, he is a kiwi with a shit W/L record. Most kiwis even attribute the Chiefs success in those first couple of years to Wayne Smith.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)

At this point I'd be willing to give all of those options a go.....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok I made a joke earlier about some old timers who are still around, but you didn’t reference that in your post. I didn’t say they have to be Australian, I said they have to be passionate about Australian rugby, and I’ll stand by that. More specifically they need to be passionate about the Wallabies succeeding. Rennie ticks no boxes, he is a kiwi with a shit W/L record. Most kiwis even attribute the Chiefs success in those first couple of years to Wayne Smith.

The coach of the team isn’t passionate about them succeeding?

That’s a strange take…

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Won't help
Won't happen, either.

Changing the coach would be the worst possible thing. Back to square one for the team.

I am totally bemused by all this hysteria. We have lost too many games in virtually the last play of the day. A couple of those were down to iffy refereeing decisions. We need to get a grip, and get behind the team, its pretty obvious they are quite capable of holding their own.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
So once again it's all the coaches fault! Look, I'm not saying that Rennie's the messiah, but we keep burning coach after coach, all who seem to go pretty damn well anywhere else, when they fail to get this Wallaby side to perform. I don't suppose, just perhaps, it could have something to do with the players. I mean Deans coached the most successful provincial side in the world, but couldn't get this lot to perform, so he was pilloried on these boards and off he went. Likewise McKenzie, having just taken the Reds to a super rugby championship, but couldn't get it happening with the Wallabies. The Cheika, with massive success with Randwick, Leinster and the Tahs, had people on here calling him juvenile names and 'the worst Wallaby coach ever', goes on to Argentina and beats the Wallabies, AB's, Springboks and England.
Yep, it's easy to blame the coach, and not saying any of them are perfect, but from what I can see they don't give away dumb penalties, throw shit passes, miss tackles or throw crooked line-out throws.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Won't happen, either.

Changing the coach would be the worst possible thing. Back to square one for the team.

I am totally bemused by all this hysteria. We have lost too many games in virtually the last play of the day. A couple of those were down to iffy refereeing decisions. We need to get a grip, and get behind the team, its pretty obvious they are quite capable of holding their own.
Bro - its Italy. You either dont care about the Wallabies or you are outraged.

And like fuck sacking a shithouse coach whos fucked just about every decision hes had to make all year wont help. Of course it will.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Bigger picture (i.e. RWC) any result without Kerevi and Koroibete is irrelevant. The team is winning nothing without either of them.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So once again it's all the coaches fault! Look, I'm not saying that Rennie's the messiah, but we keep burning coach after coach, all who seem to go pretty damn well anywhere else, when they fail to get this Wallaby side to perform. I don't suppose, just perhaps, it could have something to do with the players. I mean Deans coached the most successful provincial side in the world, but couldn't get this lot to perform, so he was pilloried on these boards and off he went. Likewise McKenzie, having just taken the Reds to a super rugby championship, but couldn't get it happening with the Wallabies. The Cheika, with massive success with Randwick, Leinster and the Tahs, had people on here calling him juvenile names and 'the worst Wallaby coach ever', goes on to Argentina and beats the Wallabies, AB's, Springboks and England.
Yep, it's easy to blame the coach, and not saying any of them are perfect, but from what I can see they don't give away dumb penalties, throw shit passes, miss tackles or throw crooked line-out throws.
Burning coach after coach? Weve had two since 2014.

Its supposed to be a professional sport. That means accountability.

Deans had us consistently at number 2 in the world and was sacked because he couldn't beat arguably the best ever rugby side. Rennie isnt fit to wipe the shit spittle from Deans toilet bowl.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)
You don't have to win games by a possession yeah?

The Wallabies should've won the series against a below par England team and didn't. They got destroyed in Sydney *again*. They barely beat a Scotland team missing half it's XV to clubs and now have lost to Italy.

They have ONE impressive/comprehensive winning performance for the year (vs RSA in Adelaide). There are two matches left, one of which is against a Welsh team outside the release window.

What are you bemused about? The team as it stands sucks lol.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I am staring at the sides of the boat you are in and considering a cruise. I have run through all the - injury issues - player discipline issues - Super Rugby not preparing players issue and so on ad infinitum. I am running out of excuses NOT to join your cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.