• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Italy, Florence, Sun 13th Nov 12am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyAU

Trevor Allan (34)
Potential team for this Weekend

1 - Gibbon
2 - Fainga'a
3 - AAA
4 - Neville
5 - Skelton
6 - Hanigan
7 - Hooper
8 - Samu
9 - Gordon
10 - Lolesio
11 - Wright
12 - Paisami
13 - Petaia
14 - Kellaway
15 - Campbell

16 - Lonergan
17 - Robertson
18 - Topou
19 - Frost
20 - Gleeson
21 - McDermott
22 - Donaldson
23 - Hodge

Need to rest Sipper, Porecki, Valetini, and Ikitau

Last edited:

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
1 - Gibbon
2 - Lonergan
3 - Tupou
4 - Neville
5 - Skelton
6 - Holloway
7 - McRight
8 - Samu
9 - White
10 - Donaldson
11 - Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase)
12 - Paisami
13 - Petaia
14 - Kellaway
15 - Campbell

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Has to be Noah at 10. I'm a Rennie fan, but the way that they have managed this kid over the last two years - in and out, originally not picked for last year's spring tour, filtered to media that he almost missed this year's - must be playing with his head. Give him a start and let him build some confidence. He has plenty to learn, but has done plenty good in gold too

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Haven’t seen an explanation why yet but Simone won’t be called in to the squad. Perhaps they are holding off to see if Giteau is fit?
TBH, I think we need to get another winger. Is Sefa Naivalu still around? John Porch has been on a tear for Connacht and what about big Taqele Naiyaravoro? Think we should be done with T Wright.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'd still really like to see Scott Sio brought in for this match, but accept that it won't be likely.

Hence :

Gibbon, Fainga'a, Tupou, Swain, Skelton, Hanigan, McReight, Samu, McDermott, Lolesio, Pietsch, Paisami, Hodge, Nawaqanitawase, Campbell.

Reserves : Lonergan, Slipper, Robertson, Neville, Gleeson, Gordon, Donaldson, Kellaway

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Team I'd like to see:

1. Gibbon
2. FF (Folau Fainga'a)
3. Tupou
4. Frost
4. Skelton
6. Hanigan
7. McReight
8. Samu
9. McDermott
10. Lolesio
11. Petaia
12. Paisami
13. Ikitau
14. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase)
15. Campbell
16. Lonergan
17. Robertson
18. Talakai
19. Neville
20. Gleeson
21. Gordon
22. Donaldson
23. Hodge

Actually a bit worried for this game, we do need to name a strong team but also need to give some of the guys a rest.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
TBH, I think we need to get another winger. Is Sefa Naivalu still around? John Porch has been on a tear for Connacht and what about big Taqele Naiyaravoro? Think we should be done with T Wright.

Nah, Wright was mostly pretty good on the weekend... probably just needed to be subbed in that final 10 mins.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know the line is "sweeping changes," but I wouldn't take Italy lightly...

Still, players who have played a lot of minutes need to be rested.

I assume AAA will be right to go - Tupou played 80 mins on the weekend and should probably come off the bench.

Slipper, Holloway, Valetini and Wright could all use a break, or at least come off the bench.

Obviously Skelton will start.

I'd also start Campbell again to keep his continuity flowing.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Don't think Pietsch is with the squad BR
My bad. Must have thought he should have been there. Getting low on outside backs stocks through injury and form. Maybe Foketi should be replaced with three games left to be played. Not like Simone for example isn't familiar with the Wallabies' structures and game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.