• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas, GIO Stadium, Canberra, Sat 16th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I agree that McMahon is best used as a bench option but that's because he can cover all back row positions, not because he's a 7.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I agree that McMahon is best used as a bench option but that's because he can cover all back row positions, not because he's a 7.

I agree and McMahon probably realises that will happen with the return of Poey.

And that is exactly the reason is will be lost to Australian rugby at least for 2018

T

TOCC

which wallabies players aren't inconsistent.. Beale has had a few good games in a row... everyone else has fluctuated drastically in form

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
which wallabies players aren't inconsistent.. Beale has had a few good games in a row. everyone else has fluctuated drastically in form

That got me thinking: Alan ; Coleman (did miss a game though) ; Beale ; Speight been consistently OK without being great ; and I'll nearly forgive Folau the last game because he has been very good in the other 5 tests this year. ; Thats about it ; (pardon the lack of formatting, the site's broken)

T

TOCC

That got me thinking: Alan ; Coleman (did miss a game though) ; Beale ; Speight been consistently OK without being great ; and I'll nearly forgive Folau the last game because he has been very good in the other 5 tests this year. ; Thats about it ; (pardon the lack of formatting, the site's broken)

Yeah agree, Coleman has been consistent, Speight has been ok, a reasonably solid performance.

I actually don't think Folau has been very good for the 5 tests this year, he has had moments of brilliance, but as an overall assessment of his performance as a fullback, I think he has fluctuated between average to good. And that's based on what I expect of a fullback to contribute to the overall teams performance.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
He is not a lttle on the small size, he is a midget at Test level. Huge heart, tiny body.
Yep. Hooper clone. A few cm taller and same weight. A small '7' of sorts who runs good. And maybe should be a 6 if he was bigger.

I'd personally like to have seen fardy-smith-higgers. But people say I'm stuck in the past so that probably shows.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Yep. Hooper clone. A few cm taller and same weight. A small '7' of sorts who runs good. And maybe should be a 6 if he was bigger.

I'd personally like to have seen fardy-smith-higgers. But people say I'm stuck in the past so that probably shows.
He's a 6/8 size has nothing to do with it. I played all my rugby at 6/8 and occasionally in the row (at a much lower level!) and I'm about the same size as him, just because I find myself picked at a higher level with/against bigger blokes doesn't automatically make me a 7.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Judging by this crowd they shouldve cut the Brumbies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Judging by this crowd they shouldve cut the Brumbies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I suppose we'll have to wait until they announce the total, but Fairfax reckons it's bigger than the Melbourne crowd from earlier in the year........

Status
Not open for further replies.