• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Scotland, Murrayfield, Sun 30th Oct, 3.30am AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't forget dumb shit too, antagonising opposition players, denying them the ball for quick lineout (a year ago v Scotland of all teams remember). He needs to show a better temperament.

Latu's disciplined is rightly criticised and he could get wound up and Wright's in the same boat.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I think there should be a rule if you play for another Test side, you're not allowed to play against your former one.

yeah still seems a bit silly to me, he has only been away 1 year. He is still only 28, with everything going on with overseas eligibility discussions, injuries etc how does he know that he definitely would never get another shot for the Wallabies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
yeah still seems a bit silly to me, he has only been away 1 year. He is still only 28, with everything going on with overseas eligibility discussions, injuries etc how does he know that he definitely would never get another shot for the Wallabies.
Money.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

He's playing in Scotland as a local player though. If he isn't eligible to play for Scotland then he would be considered differently and potentially wouldn't have a contract.

It makes sense for him to further his career.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fuuuuuuuck... How can this be?!

From a Man-of-the-match performance a few years back - & against the ABs as well - to playing for another nation...

If this is true, then this player has been grossly mismanaged by the ARU and the Wallaby (so-called) brains-trust!
how? Tahs/RA can’t match what Glasgow/SRU can.

I don’t know how you can have this attitude after we’ve just had Wasps and Worcester fold due to money issues.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Fuuuuuuuck... How can this be?!

From a Man-of-the-match performance a few years back - & against the ABs as well - to playing for another nation...

If this is true, then this player has been grossly mismanaged by the ARU and the Wallaby (so-called) brains-trust!
I don’t have any issues with this at all. He had a great game that day and afterwards was ignored by that coach and the next one. I don’t see it as mismanagement at all, he wasn’t good enough to be selected, took the money to play overseas and is now eligible to play for another country. We could have nipped it at the bud by making him one of our overseas picks for this tour - at who’s expense though?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Dempsey had some injury issues also. He’d play a few good games, get hurt, come back, repeat….
Probably should’ve stuck with the Wallabies, could’ve added to our ‘players out injured’ list.
Good luck to him.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don’t have any issues with this at all. He had a great game that day and afterwards was ignored by that coach and the next one. I don’t see it as mismanagement at all, he wasn’t good enough to be selected, took the money to play overseas and is now eligible to play for another country. We could have nipped it at the bud by making him one of our overseas picks for this tour - at who’s expense though?

That was in 2017 right and then he tore his hamstring off the bone a few weeks later against the Barbarians in Sydney.

He never found that same form again in Australia and when he left was barely holding down a starting spot in a poor Waratahs side.

It was definitely the right move for him to head overseas.

I doubt he would have accepted a call up for the Wallabies. My understanding of him being able to play in the UK is he does so on the basis that he is eligible for Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.